cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest 2 - Link and the Bleak Grey Day..

sambartle
Protege
Is the Link(Rift?) menu supposed to look terrible on just a plain grey background?
cdqwuexg80h2.jpeg

If I press "home" on the "Rift/Link" dashboard menu.. Everything goes away and I'm left with just a lighter grey void.. My hands even lose their colour:
t1hfod6u5902.jpeg

Also the settings button appears to work only some of the time on the dashboard. Often pressing it makes the border of the window visible flash, but has no effect and doesn't show settings!

I've seen screenshots of this interface where there is a background.. 
It Took Forever to Get Oculus Link Working But Its Been So Worth It   USgamer

Should I be able to see something like that similar to the Quest Home?
4 REPLIES 4

sambartle
Protege
Sometimes when I press "home" on the link dashboard - I get a message "unable to confirm your oculus account, please check your internet connection or restart the oculus software."

Which I suspect is related.. yet I can play all the games I've bought for rift via link just fine.. Store works (so internet is ok).. 

Restarting my PC, the quest, the software, nothing seems to fix it. I logged out and back in in the Rift software.. again.. no go. 

sambartle
Protege
If anyone finds this post I've figured out why it happens and how to solve it.. You have to make a change on Facebook. You need to enable access for Apps, Websites and Games. I had this turned off completely which breaks Oculus Link. 

This is the help article for how to turn it back on.. which unfortunately I've had to do to get it working. https://www.facebook.com/help/211829542181913

Anonymous
Not applicable
The post from @sambartle worked for me! I had the error "Unable to confirm your oculus account.Please check your internet connection or restart the software.", after turning on the apps, websites, and games option in Facebook's privacy settings, I could now see my "Home" in VR and the error had gone away.

laracer
Honored Guest
i had support on chat for an hour and nothing... then i found this. thanks for posting the solution. chat agent even suggested i update to public beta! ridiculous.