cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest 2 Will Not Connect to Mac for File Transfer, Will No Longer Identify

DiscoExorcist
Honored Guest
It started off connecting just fine, then all of a sudden, it stopped wanting to connect to Android File Transfer. No matter how many times I restart my computer and headset, it won't work. I even uninstalled and re-downloaded AFT. No go. I don't understand how it could be working just fine one second, then the next, it acts like it never worked in the first place. I know normally I have to plug my headset into my Macbook, AFT kicks up, I have to click "Ok", then I go to my headset and click "Allow", then AFT pops back up ready to go. I am getting absolutely nothing now. Have tried about a dozen times to reboot this, but just keep running into more frustration. Need some help please....thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

Have you put your Quest in developer mode?  It shouldn't be, apparently (to transfer).
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

I'm having same problem and completed all of the above troubleshooting suggestions as original poster. I have turned off developer mode and still cannot connect. I get the window asking if I want to allow data or deny, once I click yes, it goes bk to Oculus home.  I've never been able to connect via android file transfer app. Constantly says it cannot connect, please refresh. 

Side note - I worked for apple long ago. Tech savvy.