cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest 2 Windows 11 Performance. can never hit maximum FPS with link cable.

Gifted83
Protege

I decided to give windows 11 a go and everything on my PC is working flawlessly apart from one big one... Oculus Link performance. Before I go back to windows 10 I wonder if anyone has figured this out already.

Oculus software works fine and the Quest 2 link connects, but it can never hit the required fps settings no matter what they are. So if I have link set to 90hz, then in game it will be about 82-85fps and stuttering, it never hits 90fps even though the game says its locked at 90 on my monitors no problem, and I have loads of headroom in performance monitor (I have a 5900x and RTX 3090!) - If i use the 120hz option then i will get about 105fps but never 120. Even if i choose 72hz ill get about 65fps. super annoying.

I went onto the beta channel on the software and got the latest updates but still no luck.

I dont mind going back to windows 10 and i get windows 11 might not be ready yet, but literally EVERYTHING else on my pc works fine, only the vr performance, so its a shame. Any ideas of things to try before I reinstall windows 10?

453 REPLIES 453

This fix was reported to still work for others: https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Oculus-Quest-2-and-Quest/Oculus-Quest-2-Windows-11-Performance-can-ne...

Quest 2 | 2700X | 6600 XT

GrittenVR
Protege

It does semi work. But that's not really a fix. It's more of a workaround. I'm running a script that Redditors are using that keeps the console in focus while hiding it at the same time. But there's still a bit of a framerate decrease even with that. Oculus app version 34.0.0.29.185 (34.0.0.29.185)

Would love to know what the update was for.

I saw PTC released an update without notes today. I wonder if that's related to Win11 in anyway

Gifted83
Protege

Really surprised it’s taken this long tbh. I check back here every now and then expecting it to be fixed but obviously not. I have also seen reports that some WMR setups are having identical issues with performance.

‘’hopefully I can upgrade back to windows 11 soon. 

prinstusind
Explorer

Similar problem here, my performance seems a bit worse though. Hovering between 35-65 fps, regardless of settings on my 5800x + 3090. On Win10 I had no problem keeping a steady 120fps 99% of the time. 

Sure hope this will be fixed soon!

Oculus Quest 2, Ryzen 7 5800x, 32GB RAM, RTX 3090.

This is still required on the official RTM build of Windows 11 (22000), but once that's set, Oculus works fine.

Quest 2 | 2700X | 6600 XT

I had the exact same issue as you described since i updated to windows 11 last night, when they officially released. 
Your "console window visibility" solution fixed my issue as well. Thank you! It's a temporary solution and this is definitely a compatibility issue that needs to be fixed ASAP.

I spoke to Oculus support regarding this today.

The support team is great for what they have to work with. Which isn't always the most up-to-date info that they need.

The key thing is it SOUNDS like they're close. But not official ETA or real communications being provided. They did tell me that after speaking with their "seniors", an update was going through QA testing. I know based on the post here that Oculus stated they got a windows build about 4 weeks ago. The beta/developer track was released sometime around July. So they've likely only invested a few weeks tops into a fix. Not sure how difficult the resolution is for this performance fix and Windows 11 support but it feels like they started a little late and should have began doing testing as soon as the dev track was released. Especially with it being announced Windows 11 would be on all new OEM released machines by Q4 2021.

Here's hoping the wait isn't too much longer. 

thank you for sharing that info with us

Hope they figure it out. Upgraded to Windows 11 today and love it. Spent a few hours setting everything up and customizing. VR was the last thing I tried and it was a stuttery mess on link and Airlink using same settings I used previously on Windows 10.

Jadax2
Honored Guest

I did the update to Win11 as well, but shame on me for not checking that Oculus' software was incompatible. I know Win11 shocked everyone with it's surprise release out of nowhere and that developers had no chance to try any pre-release versions, particularly a little ragtag company like Facebook and Oculus.

The trick above with the console window helped with framerate somewhat, but I found the tracking to be horrible, like it was delayed on the PC end; sabers going clean through blocks and registering Misses. I'm no beat saber god, but I don't miss like that. Hope a patch comes out soon.