cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest 2 battery voltage options for the dock

Badinga
Honored Guest

I'm notice that the Anker dock for the Oculus Quest 2 includes 1.2v rechargeable batteries.  I'm wondering if I can use 1.5v rechargeable batteries, which I understand yield superior performance.

3 REPLIES 3

Thatguygaryy
Honored Guest

Ive been scouring the internet trying to figure out the same thing. Have you found anything since then? I really love the sleek design of anker but I want 1.5v batteries thought im not sure if itll still charge. Please tell me if you found if it works or not.

Tenshiakurei
Honored Guest

It's really weird as I've ran 1.5 and 1.2 in the controllers. In the controllers they are listed as 1.5V and some claim (I've even seen it in videos) that unless you use a 1.5V you'll have problems with "run way" controllers. This can also be the controller just no longer working like it should for any reason. From what I can find when it comes down to it 1.2V rechargeable and the 1.5V yeet it in the dump once it dies are the same.

Hope its not too late.  To anyone ending up here, you cant charge a lithium 1.5v in anything other than what the manufacturer states. They typically have their own charger per lithium brand.  You especially dont want to use the anker if its made to charge 1.2 Ni. It can start a fire or explode.  The quest 2 is designed for 1.5v alkaline disposable which drops down in voltage. After 20% the alkaline has the same voltage as the 1.2v rechargeable which is why it reads 80% fully charged.  At this point the 1.2v maintains a higher voltage while the alkaline continues to drop.  So the alkaline is higher for only 20%and function just fine at 80%  no different than the 1.2v.  1.5v lithium have many drawbacks including price to maintain a voltage you don't need.  The problems with 1.2v rechargeables were on other headsets and they were different batteries.  The problem we may have with q2 tracking is likely due to how well the battery fits in the compartment and the condition of the springs. I do believe the 1.2v has more tracking issues, it just doesn't have anything to do with voltage.  1.5v may fit better and resolve tracking problems but at what cost? You'd be better off replacing the springs like some beat saber players along with other tips.