cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest 2 control from PC or mobile for image carousel

tresdelab
Honored Guest

Hello everyone.

Is there any app that allows to control the oculus quest 2 from a computer (or a mobile even) so that whoever wears the glasses can hardly have control and can only visualize?

It would simply be to display some 360 photos/videos and have control from other hardware because I want to put them on a child who can't interact with the interface. I would like to see on the computer (or mobile) what he is seeing and be able to switch images whenever he wants.

I imagine it will have to be done through SideQuest, but I don't know the particular application that can do something like that.

Thank you very much.

3 REPLIES 3

iMight404
Retired Support

I definitely wouldn't recommend putting these on anyone under the age of 13. Screens that close to your eyes can be damaging, even more true for younger children.

Take your destiny into your own hands. Sand cannot keep a shape by itself, but add water and it becomes malleable. Fate can be such, if you add the right element.

Hello, thank you for your reply.

I am aware of that, however the teenager who is going to use them is much older at that age, so there would be no problem.

Do you know of any app that can do that function?

Thank you very much.

Can't say I know of any software that will allow remote control. You may be able to use steam VR with Oculus Link and a playback software from there like DeoVR or something and control it from the PC but no guarantees. 

Take your destiny into your own hands. Sand cannot keep a shape by itself, but add water and it becomes malleable. Fate can be such, if you add the right element.