cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest 2 guardian floor bug.

echo.sonic.x
Expert Protege
Floor level in games with the oculus quest 2 is NOT correct and makes a huge problem in all games. I find I am about 10cm off from my real height (to tall) and makes gameplay not work in most games correctly. Beat saber notes appear too low and you have to eyeball both a floor offset and manually set your height to fix the notes. It doesn't feel 100% right and you can't judge proper height or depth due to the platform not having texture for you to perceive depth. 

In 11 table tennis you can set the floor within the game (same as you do with the guardian) and it visually shows the difference between floor height and real height.

A lot of users are having this issue and setting controller on the ground does not behave as expected when setting guardian. It's hard to tell that it's wrong until you play games and many are probably not sensitive to the issue. 

Is this due to the new cameras having a different focal length and this just needs a calibration?
103 REPLIES 103

echo.sonic.x
Expert Protege
I've been surveying on reddit and various websites and this problem exists with many users. Some claiming it's high, some low, etc

PITTCANNA
Visionary
I get this issue from time to time,  it has more to do with lighting and any obstructions on the floor.  I try to look at portion of the floor that is very flat and tilt my head down.

MarkT25810
Expert Protege

I get this issue from time to time,  it has more to do with lighting and any obstructions on the floor.  I try to look at portion of the floor that is very flat and tilt my head down.

Seems to be bad compared to the rift s which had zero issues with this

echo.sonic.x
Expert Protege
I redid my guardian last night and now it was 10cm too high instead of too low. Beat saber felt better that way but it was still wrong

echo.sonic.x
Expert Protege

PITTCANNA said:

Are you sure it's from time to time? Look at the floor when the guardian is active and passthrough is on. You can't tell it's off until you actually check it. You need a game that can set floor level independently of the quest like 11 table tennis. Use the ruler in beat saber and see if when you click it, the height looks correct.

Quickdraw_Og
Protege
My floor height is usually fine, though I have had to manually set it in Guardian on a couple of occasions by touching the controller to the floor. I have noticed a problem though in a couple of apps though that if I take the headset off (to de-fog the lenses, for instance) or switch to passthrough for a second just to check the room, when I return to the game the floor height is like four feet taller. Very disorienting, and a little scary playing Creed when I only came up to my opponent's knees!

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Besides moving to new startup locations, I only get an elevation bug when I go to Developer mode tab, kill guardian and leave it that way till the next restart. 

In the same session/location that I've killed guardian , if I remember to go back and undo this and reset standing guardian, all seems fine next time I startup.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

CynicalCyst420
Honored Guest
All of a sudden my guardian is a foot high off the floor as well.  Putting the controller to the floor doesn't work.  As soon as I stand up the floor level rises to about 1 foot off the ground.  I can see the controllers below the grid.  

CynicalCyst420
Honored Guest
Support has giving me useless answers so far.  Pretty sure occulus support is actively. Downvoting all problems on reddit.