cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest 2 not connecting to school wifi network

kentga67
Protege

It shows the headset and controllers, has saved the school wifi, but it still shows a lock on it won't connect.   I also is asking for 

authentication error
asks for 

• EAP Method
  • Phase 2 authentication
  • CA certificate
3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, Kentga67! Thank you for contacting Oculus Support. I see you are having some issues connecting to your WiFi. It seems as though, since you are connected to a school WiFi, that Oculus and/or Facebook are blocked on the server. This is usual with most school and business WiFi's since it is a social brand! We would recommend you reach out to your IT Team to ensure that they aren't blacklisted or otherwise blocked. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi,

I can use facebook from my school computer and I was able to install the Oculus app on my computer also.  But I just sent a email to my tech support to check on it.  Trying to setup a Rift too but waiting for new batteries for the handset - but it did recognize FB on that computer also.  Hopefully we will get the Rift to work tomorrow

Hello! Yes, it seems like its a system-wide block for the sites, and your computer is excluded for some reason. Please let us know if you have any complications after the conversation with your IT Team!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!