cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest 2 screen glitching.

Elliot_1998
Honored Guest

Hi all, 

I’ve been having an issue with my Oculus Quest 2, that I bought about 5 months ago brand new. Whenever I turn my headset on and load into the main interface, my screen within the headset starts glitching and moving left to right, without me doing anything. My controllers also glitch around as well, and sometimes freeze whilst I’m moving them around. My first thoughts were that this was a tracking issue, so I made sure I was in adequate lighting, both the headset itself and the controller were fully charged, and had the guardian set to a sufficient size for my room. With all of this done, my oculus was still glitching. Although saying this, sometimes it doesn’t happen at all and is perfectly fine! I’m a little worried that this is a progressive issue that is going to get worse over time. If anyone has any suggestions, or experiences and solutions of what this may be and how to fix it, please do let me know! 

thanks all! 

23 REPLIES 23

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Elliot, we'd like to look further into this with you! Please click here to submit a ticket, and be sure to include all the troubleshooting steps covered so far. We'll be happy to help!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

RobertBowen73
Honored Guest

Elliot,

I'm having the exact same issues and it just started within the last week or so.  I'm wondering if it's somehow related to a feature that Oculus is pushing out.  I'm having every symptom that you are having and reading/re-reading your post almost feels like I could have posted it myself.

I'm going to open a ticket as well.  If you make any progress can you reply back to the post?

Thank you,

Robert

Hi Robert, 

yes, please do! This is starting to really bug me, especially for the price of such a device! Please do let me know what comes out of the ticket submission, you’d be doing me a favour! I shall do the same if anything comes of it! 

thanks a lot! 

PITTCANNA
Visionary

Clean your cameras lenses on the side with a microfiber cloth and lense solution.

PITTCANNA
Visionary

The cameras can get dirty and tracking becomes glitchy.

I am having this exact issue. It would be nice if this thread showed the original poster’s solution. Otherwise, what is the point if this thread being available for everyone to see?

Lozano_Elijah
Honored Guest

I'm having the same issue.  have you found a fix?

Hey there, Lozano_Elijah! Sometimes, using the recommended cleaning methods will take care of any tracking issues that may pop up. If cleaning doesn't work, a quick reboot followed by un-pairing then re-pairing the controllers is a great next step. All we have to do is hold the power button on our headset until it restarts, and a step by step to un-pair and re-pair your controllers can be found here.

If you still find yourself wrestling with any tracking issues after that reboot and un-pair/re-pair, let us know. Follow this link to open up a support ticket, and we'll see what we can do for you.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Elite_10797900
Honored Guest

I am having the exact same problem. One day I was playing and the screen stopped and glitched and the screen went black then I turned on and I saw a bunch o white lines a colored horizontal lines that changed depending on the color on screen. Then randomly it black screened again and it was fine so I brushed it off and set it down for a quick charge. (It has a lens cover and was in a case with the top open)and I played for about a week and it came back worse and it would not stop and this is where I’m at now. I did a couple reboots and a factory reset. And it’s still broken 

image.jpg

 you can still see things and read things but that happens I think it might be software or display issues