cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest 2 suddenly not connecting

Connorfeb2022
Honored Guest

I’ve been playing on my Oculus Quest 2 for about a month with no issues.  I’m completely signed up and have even paid for and downloaded a few games.  

Suddenly today when I turned it on, it wants me to sign in with my Facebook information.  I thought that was odd, why does it want that?  It has my email I use with my Facebook already there but greyed out so I can’t change it.  Then below it wants my password.  So I enter that and I get an error message in orange color font that says, “This device is connected to an existing account. Log into this account or reset the device to use a different one. Visit support.oculus.com for more info.“

I don’t get why it’s saying that.  I only have one email and password for this specific device.  There is only one account for it.  What does it mean when it says it’s already connected to an existing account?  If it’s already “connected” then why is it asking me to enter my password in to connect?

I’m so annoyed with this stupid thing.  Why do we need to be connected to a Facebook account and an Oculus account?  It’s so **bleep** confusing.  I just want to play on this thing!  😡

923 REPLIES 923

tim.boothby2
Honored Guest

I'm fixed! I had an email a few hours ago saying my old account has been restored and anything on the new account will be lost. I tried the headset and it allowed me to sign-in via Facebook then forced a reboot. Looks like it's also updated to v38 - boot logo changed to Meta logo.

So looks like the promised engineering fix is being rolled out.

Yes i have the exact same, so the fix must have been rolled out now. finally! although i have lost a referral credit, so assume will need to log that as a seperate issue. Anyone else found this please reply on here.

deddoa
Honored Guest

2 Weeks later and It appears my account is back and working. Its not exactly giving me any faith in meta/facebook or whatever they call themselves these days. At least when I only had an Oculus account I was at least 1 layer away from their unified data gathering spyware and now as this screw up has shown, very capable ransomware.

I’m back with all my games and levels everything is working perfectly after switching my headset on and turning on the app The app reset itself and signed me me in without me doing anything all my games showed up without needing to change email address or create a new email address or anything I received an email from Oculus that the official fix is now here it said some may have to factory reset and some won’t But I’m so glad the fix has come at last I hope you all get the emails telling you it’s been fixed thank you all for your support 

Liberty309
Explorer

WOO HOO !!!!!!! YES the fix is here finally. All of my apps, games and friends are back after 2 freaking weeks. Signed out of mobile app and clear cache. factory reset the headset then signed back in and linked to mobile app then you should be all back up and running.

I got the email too but it still won’t let me log into fb. Says I am connected on another account 

Big_Wet
Protege

I still got nothing on my side which is really worrisome..

Have you restarted the oculus app or done a factory reset like it says in the email but try the oculus app first I hope you get it sorted soon 

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone! I've just updated the main thread for this issue and wanted to share it with you all:

Thanks everyone for your patience. As of now an email is going out to everyone impacted by the recent account issues. We have identified that a system issue resulted in lost access to some user's accounts on March 8th, 11 p.m. PST. As a result, people trying to access those accounts or use devices were prompted to go through our flow to create another account. We have since resolved this issue and today the engineering team has released a fix that restored access to the original accounts. Some users may need to factory reset their device for this to take effect.

If you were impacted by this duplicate account issue, please check your email for more details, and please feel welcome to contact our customer support team if you have any questions or need access to the duplicate account that was created.

If you're seeing a message in headset that it's linked to another account, that's your cue to factory reset the headset.

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.

MoykeBaud
Adventurer

Yay! So happy to hear this has been resolved. See you all in the VR world.

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?