cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest 2 suddenly not connecting

Connorfeb2022
Honored Guest

I’ve been playing on my Oculus Quest 2 for about a month with no issues.  I’m completely signed up and have even paid for and downloaded a few games.  

Suddenly today when I turned it on, it wants me to sign in with my Facebook information.  I thought that was odd, why does it want that?  It has my email I use with my Facebook already there but greyed out so I can’t change it.  Then below it wants my password.  So I enter that and I get an error message in orange color font that says, “This device is connected to an existing account. Log into this account or reset the device to use a different one. Visit support.oculus.com for more info.“

I don’t get why it’s saying that.  I only have one email and password for this specific device.  There is only one account for it.  What does it mean when it says it’s already connected to an existing account?  If it’s already “connected” then why is it asking me to enter my password in to connect?

I’m so annoyed with this stupid thing.  Why do we need to be connected to a Facebook account and an Oculus account?  It’s so **bleep** confusing.  I just want to play on this thing!  😡

923 REPLIES 923

mark.ratcliffe.12
Honored Guest

I've got an oculus rift s and when i went to sign in their was a notification that it was moving over to meta in 2023 so i updated and now all my game are gone on oculus pc app and they are on my phone and it say oculus  desconnected. when it is on my pc.need to get this sorted cause spent alot on pc oculus store app

IceGoodli

Well I've spent hundreds of dollars on games and it's so frustrating because when I go to device it says it's connected to my Rift which is not even connected anymore the Rift is in a shoebox somewhere but it won't let me connect to my quest 2 so I'm dead in the water. My app is current my headset fully charged it's on the stupid pattern is what killed me why did they ever think that was a good idea I have no idea what they were thinking but now I have a headset that I can't use so why should I ever buy another one from Meta ?

Why does everything always changing and getting more and more complicated I just want to put the headset on and play a game and not spend three or four hours trying to connect and troubleshoot blah blah blah

jeremy.2488
Honored Guest

No me deja entran me pide que actualice el visor pero no se como se actualizan 

Hola Jeremy y gracias por compartir tu situación con nosotros. A continuación, te invitamos a ponerte en contacto con nuestro servicio de asistencia. El equipo estará encantado de ayudarte a resolver la situación lo antes posible.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

JaySPA
Honored Guest

Hello..  Asking for help..  I also just recently had this happen.  In part my fault as I was getting a message about meta account (which I had created but for some reason never linked).  I was able to bypass and get to my apps, but more recently, that totally went away.  I was forced to do a factory reset to get the accounts straight, logged back into Oculus and Meta with my Facebook account (which is the one my apps were tied to) but all history is gone.  A couple were free, so no big deal, but Beat Sabre and Racket NX weren't.  I'm assuming I've also lost my history there as well.  When I go to the store, there's seemingly nothing there I can do either.  All this happened when Meta started to get introduced.  Is there anything that can be done to restore access??  Thanks!

Jay S.

Hello JaySPA,

I ended up going thru support, although I can't remember who specifically eventually sorted it.

Sorry can't be more help, as was a while ago now.

Bob

I need help, I factory reset my oculus but I cannot pair it back to my account. I have my Instagram and Facebook connected to it. When I try to put in the 5 digit code to pair it back it says "your headset is already linked to another oculus account" but I only have one tied with my Facebook and Instagram, please help.

Hello CropOculus,

Grasping at straws here, but does the headset still appear under devices in the Oculus app? (Imagine you have checked already!)

If so I would advise remove it and try again, if it doesn't appear then someone from Meta will have to check the account as it's probably a data glitch.

Cheers

donnaworkman84
Honored Guest

Hey