cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest 2 tracking

lbannink64
Explorer

So this headset was a Christmas gift in 2021, so still kinda new. Just yesterday I started having this problem. So whenever i’m loaded into a game, and move around some. My oculus thinks it’s moving, and in the game I move to the left or right, then back to where I was. The controllers move with it as well but it delays. In the menu it still has this problem. But it moves to the right or left and doesn’t go back. I try to re-center it but when I do a couple seconds go by and it goes somewhere else. If this is a tracking issue I want to know how to clean the cameras

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey @lbannink64! We see you're having some tracking/drifting issues. Thank you for contacting us so that we can resolve this troubling issue with you.

First we have a few questions.

• Are you experiencing this issue with both controllers?
  • Can you see any lights on your controller(s) that are on (blinking or solid)?
  • Have the controllers or the headset been bumped or dropped?
  • Has your play area changed recently?
  • Have you tried different play spaces?

Please try the following.

• Remove the battery from the controller for at least 30 seconds.
  • Wipe down the controller with a dry microfiber cloth.
  • Wipe the cameras on front of the headset with a dry microfiber cloth.
  • Unpair and re-pair your controllers

Let us know if this helps!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

godsgirl68
Honored Guest

I think this may be my issue.  I go into a game and I start moving without trying to even move. Mine takes me mainly to the right and quickly! And then will go another direction.

Yes! this is exactly the issue. and sometimes it doesn’t do it, it stops and then it does it again

Hey @lbannink64! We see you're having some tracking/drifting issues. Thank you for contacting us so that we can resolve this troubling issue with you.

First we have a few questions.

• Are you experiencing this issue with both controllers?
  • Can you see any lights on your controller(s) that are on (blinking or solid)?
  • Have the controllers or the headset been bumped or dropped?
  • Has your play area changed recently?
  • Have you tried different play spaces?

Please try the following.

• Remove the battery from the controller for at least 30 seconds.
  • Wipe down the controller with a dry microfiber cloth.
  • Wipe the cameras on front of the headset with a dry microfiber cloth.
  • Unpair and re-pair your controllers

Let us know if this helps!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Okay, so yes Whenever I press a button on the controllers while it’s asleep it blinks a light so thats good. and the controllers have been dropped a couple of times, but not the headset. I will try these and if they work. you guys are life savers!

Awesome @lbannink64! Please keep us updated! 

So I tried it with another cloth material because I couldn’t find a micro cloth. But it was very close texture. So I did everything you told me to do, I go into the menu screen, Gorilla tag. and it starts acting up after like 10 seconds of playing. So I did the best thing in tech history. Turn it off and turn it back on. Sure enough, it wasn’t 100% but it was SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH BETTER. it’s like 95% better now, Thank you so much!

That's so awesome! We're so happy for you! And you're very welcome. It was a pleasure helping!

Just to note, Gorilla Tag is an Applab app. That means it's experimental or still in development and hasn't been through Oculus's full review process.

It's bound to have glitches and/or bugs. You can reach out to the developer and report the issue.

Game on!!

True true it is app lab. But it was happening in rec room, beat saber, the fully reviewed games. And if this ever happens again i’ll follow the same strategy.

And yes, Game On!!!!!

Whenever I take my headset out of sleep mode, my whole head set shuts down and tracking is completely lost. I’ve been trying to fix it for four hours now, but no luck.