cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest Appears on PC but Won't Show any Folders on PC

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
When I connect Quest to PC it just shows up as a portable device "quest" in device manager and Windows Explorer. The folder is empty on windows. Currently what I have to do is go to the Phone APP and toggle developer mode OFF then ON again for the message to appear in the headset about accepting the connection. I have updated the drivers (see support message below) but each time I need to connect it requires this dance with the phone app. This is pretty unfeasible seeing as it's not my phone and I don't always have access to it. Any suggestions please?

If your Oculus Quest headset is not appearing as a drive on your Windows PC:

• Make sure that you use the included USB cable from your Oculus Quest package.
  • Make sure that you select Accept in VR from your headset to allow your computer to access files on your headset.
  • Update your device driver:
    1. From your PC desktop, right-click on This PC or My Computer.
    2. Select Computer.
    3. Select Manage.
    4. Select Device Manager.
      • If you can't see the Manage option, just select Device Manager directly.
    5. Click the next to Oculus Devices or Portable Devices to expand your options.
    6. Right-click on Quest and select Update Driver.
    7. Select the Browse my computer option, then the Let me pick from a list option.
    8. Select MTP USB Device and then select Next to complete the update.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
20 REPLIES 20

How would I go about doing that?