cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest Battery Life - What's Yours?

Shadowmask72
Level 15
Prior to release a lot of talk about how long the Oculus Quest battery lasts from a full charge. I am wondering what people are getting. Obviously browsing the web uses less power than playing Robo Recall. Please post your thoughts remembering to include what you were playing.

System Specs: ASUS NVIDIA RTX 3090 TUF GAMING OC 24GB , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
8 REPLIES 8

BillyDee4
Level 3
I got about 2 1/2 hours of play from a full charge before I got the low battery warning. I avoid completely draining rechargeable batteries as doing so can shorten their life.

Dizzy1007
Level 4
Same. About 2 to 2 1/2 hrs trying different games.

Sicktrash
Level 5
Yup, easily 2 hours..usually 2.5 hours here

enigma01
Level 10
2.5 hours for me too. Took just over 2 hours to fully charge first time and now has been taking about 1.45 hours. 

gism0e
Level 3
Because the Quest is power hungry I worry about wear on the plug what with charging and down loading pulling the plug in and out so often so I’ve ordered the magnet data/charging cable from Ebay for £5 

Motoman66
Level 2
I’m also seeing the same 2 to 2.5 hrs of playtime.  I’m interested in the magnetic power/comms cable option though.  Part number or website?

DaftnDirect
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Yeah I'm getting about 2hrs 15 mins to 2hrs 30 depending on what I'm doing, not too bad for a device like this. I haven't really needed to use it with a power bank so far.

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v21H1 (19043.1348)

plamoth
Level 2
About 1 hour playing demos. Not impressed at all considering it takes at least 1 hour 45 mins to charge! I think I'll buy a large external battery pack and trail it around the floor......hang on a minute, I thought this was supposed to be wireless? Oh well!