cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest Home 'Sorry, something went wrong - please try again later'

TheAudi
Explorer
Had my oculus quest around 3-4 days now, and since I've bought it I haven't seen the home work once.
I've just done a factory reset in the hopes it would resolve the issue but no, it persists. I installed some apps from the store to see if I needed apps for it to work, and still nothing. 

I do love the quest but I'm starting to have my doubts about how stable software is etc. 

Please could you guys at head office look into this to see if there's something going on either at your end, or if there's something I'm missing? 

I've also posted this in the support section as I don't know which category this fits best.
7iokfac1u78o.jpg
38 REPLIES 38

BurgBorgur
Honored Guest

but how do i unlink it, sorry i'm new to this stuff

The absolute geniuses at Facebook decided that, in order to use an oculus account, linking it to a Facebook account should be mandatory, and that you shouldn't be able to unlink it.

DaveSab
Honored Guest
I linked my FB and Oculus accounts on my PC via a browser, and then I found the same problem on the Quest. I found that I had to sign into the Oculus App on my Android phone. It then prompted me to sign with my Facebook account. Once I did that, it fixed it on the Oculus accessing the Store and Home screen. Go figure!
I hope this helps someone else.      

hi, and how can i unlink the FB?

How do you unlink your Oculus and Facebook accounts? I didn't think that was possible.

TheAudi
Explorer

Hi all, 

Many things have changed since my original workaround of unlinking my Facebook account from the oculus account to fix the home issue so I wouldn’t know where to start anymore! In-fact I’m not sure if this is even possible to do anymore since Facebook/META now pushes you to signup/login with a Facebook profile! 

If anyone is still struggling/having issues please reply to me with exact issues and as much info as possible and I’ll do my best to replicate issue and find a fix for you. 

Thanks to all that were involved in this original issue and wishing you all the best! 

-Harry

Thanks! My issue is that when I turn on my original Quest, I see the home environment just fine but my library doesn't load properly. It just says "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later". When I go to store, it waits for a while then says I don't have an internet connection, but I definitely do because I can use the Quest browser fine. I have tried connecting to the headset from my phone but it never connects. I tried adding it as a new device, but it can't find it either over WiFi or via a USB C cable.

It might be because I never linked my Oculus account with Facebook. In fact I'm guessing that's what it is. I guess I'll have to take the plunge after all.

AlteriusOmega
Explorer

OK I had this issue and what worked for me was backing up all of my data and doing a factory reset. Once I did that, my headset properly connected to my phone and updated and is working properly now. I didn't have to connect my Oculus account to my Facebook. I'm guessing it was just stuck on an old version and couldn't update for some reason.

I am having an issue where when I try to run TV or VR Animation Player I get the message " Sorry, Something went wrong, Please try again later."  Quest 2 worked perfect the first day I got it then this came up the next morning.  Tried doing a factory reset and that did not help.  Then got a new Quest 2 and it did the same thing.  Thing it must have something to do with my face book account.  Any help appreciated.

Jim K.

Hey jimcking! We would love to assist! However, we think it would be best to continue through a private message as we will want to request some personal account information that isn't recommended to be shared in a public thread. Please click here https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We look forward to hearing from you via a private message! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?