cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest Stationary guardian needs an adjustment...

troyme
Explorer

Hello, i'm writing this here because I don't know where else to go to give a suggestion like this and actually be heard. The stationary gaurdian need a major adjustment, simple but major. I am 6 ft tall, and a wing span of 78 in, and i need to adjust the stationary gaurdian's size, through a manual percentage scale, at the least. But I would prefer you allow free hands and/or both joysticks, to adjust the stationary guardian width, something similar to how you adjust the floor. Im surprised no one on your team said "hey maybe we should allow the user to adjust their stationary boundary, being that not everyone is the same size." it is really annoyinhg seeing the boundry when i stick my arms out in the safe zone, unless i draw a sloppy manual one and i dont feel like drawing a line almost every time i play because i play this mobile device in different locations. if any developer or associate read this please respond for courtesy reasons so ill know i didnt waste my time.

p.s. I also have another request, two actually: one, you need to allow the user to move these windows independently. it makes way more sense to have this feature on an untethered device. you already do it for the rift, i cant wait forv2.8 to see what guys came up with. 2nd lastly for now, your developers need to step up your virtual keyboard scheme, i cannot speak for chinese, but this keyboard is not user friendly in english. You need to at least place the coma apostraphy and question mark, next to the alphabet so we wont have to skip them or keep going back and forth through symbols. Better yet, why dont you just make a fullsize keyboard? I wonder about you guys collectivly sometimes. shoooot man why dont you allow us to virtually-physically touch the keyboard. we have apps that allow you to play pianos. whats up with you guys? dont blame it on rona either, because you have these similar features on the rift and this quest 2 is way more than alittle capable of doing these minor details. long winded i know also im typing this in the quest 2 using the joysticks. fyi 

3 REPLIES 3

PanbirgerPartner
Honored Guest

I would really love this feature too, as I almost never play room scale, but the stationary guardian is comically small. I can’t even extend my arms like 3/4 out, and I’m not even that tall. 

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Hmm, with stationary guardian mine only goes to pass through if my headset itself hits the boundary, not my controllers.  Maybe check your settings and with guardian advance settings move all the sliders to far left (low).

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey troyme, 

We can see how having a unique wingspan and accidently moving out of the Guardian could disrupt the immersion process. 

At this time, there is no way to adjust or change the size of the stationary Guardian.  

An option you could look into would be using the "draw your own Guardian" feature that way you're able to customize it to your needs. You can click here for more information on how to set up your Guardian. 

If you ever want to submit your opinions or feedback to us, let us know at Oculus Uservoice

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!