cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest store extremely slow download speed!

Arukubarr
Honored Guest
I am wondering if there was a reason why it is taking 5+ hours to download a 1Gb game on a 75Mbps Internet connection. I am hoping that because Oculus Quest has sold out and it is christmas day, the Oculus Servers are having a hard time with the large influx of new devices. Unfortunately i feel alienated with that hope because it seems as if i am the only one suffering with this problem. I am concerned to troubleshoot my internet as it would cancel my download wich is at 80% currently, but it works fine on my phone and laptop.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Crazy_Sane
Superstar
Yes, that is extremely slow. My guess would be the same as yours, thousands of people got a Quest for Christmas and are clogging the servers.

It wouldn't hurt to perform a speed test on another device just to be sure your connection isn't the bottle neck, but my money would be on the Oculus servers being overloaded.

Typically a 1 Gb game takes only minutes to download on a slow adsl connection.

View solution in original post

36 REPLIES 36

enigma01
Trustee
It only took me a few hours to download Asgard’s which is 100+Gb on 80Mbps internet. 

Arukubarr
Honored Guest

enigma01 said:

It only took me a few hours to download Asgard’s which is 100+Gb on 80Mbps internet. 

Was this today using the Oculus quest store? Was this longer than usual?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got the quest for my son and his is very slow as well...  Is there a way to download not using wifi?  I was hoping I could log into his computer and download the games on the PC and then have them appear in the quest, but I dont see a way to do this.  Trying to do it in the quest is taking forever.  He is trying to download Vador Immortal (all three episodes he got for free) and it is going so slow...  Its the only game he has tried to download and it is taking hours...  my wifi is fast but this is beyond terrible.  I hope its on Oculus side and the servers are just slow due to it being Christmas.  I have a Rift S and it has never been this long to download any game....

dingofoxvrfox
Protege
I can answer this the oculus quest requires a 5ghz wireless connection upgrade your router 

dingofoxvrfox
Protege
Also Comcast uses dual channel ssd which isn’t comparable with the quest so you have to log into your WiFi settings on xfinity app and separate the channels giving the 2.4 ghz 1 channel name and the 5 ghz channel another name and different Chanel’s as well

Crazy_Sane
Superstar
Yes, that is extremely slow. My guess would be the same as yours, thousands of people got a Quest for Christmas and are clogging the servers.

It wouldn't hurt to perform a speed test on another device just to be sure your connection isn't the bottle neck, but my money would be on the Oculus servers being overloaded.

Typically a 1 Gb game takes only minutes to download on a slow adsl connection.

Ionizer6
Explorer

Is this ever going to be fixed?  I have spent DAYS downloading with speeds as slow as 25kb/s.

I literally have stopped buying games because I don't want to spend three days downloading a new one.  It's absolutely ridiculous.  I have 100MB internet, my Quest 2 can hit over 500MB/s locally when testing and hit 100MB over the internet.  My Quest 1 has the same slow speeds.  Been like this for months.

Any way to manually download the updates and install them with adb?  I am guessing no.

JohnsonQuest
Honored Guest

Would love to see a fix for this situation. It has taken me basically two full days to download 8-9gbs. Can't really experience the games if im spending most of my time downloading them. 

Guacamola7
Explorer

Hey there, 

I was having the same issues for weeks and now stumbled upon a really good workaround (at least for me). Located in Vietnam I just used my VPN to get an IP from Hongkong and now am downloading 5-10 times faster than before.

Hope it works for you guys as well!