Zespuh
Sightseer

35 REPLIES 35

TheC0llectoR
Protege

Please don't
misunderstand me and my ramblings. I AM ALL FOR pushing innovation and I
SUPPORT developers on patreon and itchio. I have 229 PAID stea m games, 108
Vive port etc games, so I'm fully aware that upgrading is part of the process of
that innovation. That's why my desktop has 64gb ram and a 11gb graphics card,
But don't just tell me that it won't work because "..." says it
won't.

TheC0llectoR
Protege
If
I'm wrong, then I'm wrong, but I'm currently sitting here with my Quest 2 on my
forehead where I can see enough to type and look up to see I am staring at 25
or more nullbodies trying to climb up to me in the zombie play area in
boneworks RIGHT NOW.......  really need to start drinking or something

TheC0llectoR
Protege
 My house has been full since the pandemic and the addition of extra family members. So my 4 kids use the gaming desktop with our htc vive cosmos elite and I mainly sit on the porch outside and use the quest 2 and virtual desktop or most recently my Shadow Boost since its activation. So even though i can use virtual desktop, steamvr and run boneworks, vtol vr, arizona sunrise, the walking dead and others perfectly fine on my MSI GE62 6QF Apache Pro "laptop" with the 970m, even ran Elite dangerous this way, albeit not very smoothly, but everything else though has been totally playable. I've even played Synthriders, Audica and Beat Saber this way before I purchased them natively for the Quest. So tell me again why oculus thinks (in the majority's opinion) that this aging, beatdown, dilapidated, relic of a laptop is outside mainstream vr specs? Money, right? Gotta push you to only buy what will make them and any affiliated manufactures the most from the sells of frustrated parents that have to go out and upgrade because the gift they got their child won't work without a 80 dollar link cable or another 1300 dollars in pc upgrades. Of course, I have purchased 3 separate usb 3 cables on amazon for less than 25 dollars that work great and using a 20 dollar streaming app to bypass the compatibility issue has solved most issues. Please don't misunderstand me and my ramblings. I AM ALL FOR pushing innovation and I SUPPORT developers on patreon and itch.io. I have 229 PAID steam games, 108 Viveport etc games, so I'm fully aware that upgrading is part of the process of that innovation. That's why my desktop has 64gb ram and a 11gb graphics card, But don't just tell me that it won't work because "..." says it won't. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong, but I'm currently sitting here with my Quest 2 on my forehead where I can see enough to type and look up to see I am staring at 25 or more nullbodies trying to climb up to me in the zombie play area in boneworks RIGHT NOW.......  really need to start drinking or something 

TheC0llectoR
Protege

My house has been full since the pandemic and the addition of extra family members. So my 4 kids use the gaming desktop with our htc vive cosmos elite and I mainly sit on the porch outside and use the quest 2 and virtual desktop or most recently my Shadow Boost since its activation. So even though i can use virtual desktop, steamvr and run boneworks, vtol vr, arizona sunrise, the walking dead and others perfectly fine on my MSI GE62 6QF Apache Pro "laptop" with the 970m, even ran Elite dangerous this way, albeit not very smoothly, but everything else though has been totally playable. I've even played Synthriders, Audica and Beat Saber this way before I purchased them natively for the Quest. So tell me again why oculus thinks (in the majority's opinion) that this aging, beatdown, dilapidated, relic of a laptop is outside mainstream vr specs? 

Money, right? Gotta push you to only buy what will make them and any affiliated manufactures the most from the sells of frustrated parents that have to go out and upgrade because the gift they got their child won't work without a 80 dollar link cable or another 1300 dollars in pc upgrades. Of course, I have purchased 3 separate usb 3 cables on amazon for less than 25 dollars that work great and using a 20 dollar streaming app to bypass the compatibility issue has solved most issues. Please don't misunderstand me and my ramblings. I AM ALL FOR pushing innovation and I SUPPORT developers on patreon and itch.io. I have 229 PAID steam games, 108 Viveport etc games, so I'm fully aware that upgrading is part of the process of that innovation. That's why my desktop has 64gb ram and a 11gb graphics card, But don't just tell me that it won't work because "..." says it won't. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong, but I'm currently sitting here with my Quest 2 on my forehead where I can see enough to type and look up to see I am staring at 25 or more nullbodies trying to climb up to me in the zombie play area in boneworks RIGHT NOW.......  really need to start drinking or something 

TheC0llectoR
Protege
Money, right? Gotta push you to only buy what will make them and any affiliated manufactures the most from the sells of frustrated parents that have to go out and upgrade because the gift they got their child won't work without a 80 dollar link cable or another 1300 dollars in pc upgrades. Of course, I have purchased 3 separate usb 3 cables on amazon for less than 25 dollars that work great and using a 20 dollar streaming app to bypass the compatibility issue has solved most issues. Please don't misunderstand me and my ramblings. I AM ALL FOR pushing innovation and I SUPPORT developers on patreon and itch.io. I have 229 PAID steam games, 108 Viveport etc games, so I'm fully aware that upgrading is part of the process of that innovation. That's why my desktop has 64gb ram and a 11gb graphics card, But don't just tell me that it won't work because "..." says it won't. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong, but I'm currently sitting here with my Quest 2 on my forehead where I can see enough to type and look up to see I am staring at 25 or more nullbodies trying to climb up to me in the zombie play area in boneworks RIGHT NOW.......  really need to start drinking or something 

TheC0llectoR
Protege
Money, right? Gotta push you to only buy what will make them and any affiliated manufactures the most from the sells of frustrated parents that have to go out and upgrade because the gift they got their child won't work without a 80 dollar link cable or another 1300 dollars in pc upgrades. Of course, I have purchased 3 separate usb 3 cables on amazon for less than 25 dollars that work great and using a 20 dollar streaming app to bypass the compatibility issue has solved most issues. Please don't misunderstand me and my ramblings. I AM ALL FOR pushing innovation and I SUPPORT developers on patreon and itch.io. I have 229 PAID steam games, 108 Viveport etc games, so I'm fully aware that upgrading is part of the process of that innovation. That's why my desktop has 64gb ram and a 11gb graphics card, But don't just tell me that it won't work because "..." says it won't. 

TheC0llectoR
Protege

Please don't
SUPPORT developers on patreon and itch.io. I have 229 PAID steam games, 108
Viveport etc games, so I'm fully aware that upgrading is part of the process of
won't.

TheC0llectoR
Protege

My house has been full since the pandemic and the addition of extra family members. So my 4 kids use the gaming desktop with our htc vive cosmos elite and I mainly sit on the porch outside and use the quest 2 and virtual desktop or most recently my Shadow Boost since its activation. So even though i can use virtual desktop, steamvr and run boneworks, vtol vr, arizona sunrise, the walking dead and others perfectly fine on my MSI GE62 6QF Apache Pro "laptop" with the 970m, even ran Elite dangerous this way, albeit not very smoothly, but everything else though has been totally playable. I've even played Synthriders, Audica and Beat Saber this way before I purchased them natively for the Quest. So tell me again why oculus thinks (in the majority's opinion) that this aging, beatdown, dilapidated, relic of a laptop is outside mainstream vr specs? 

Money, right? Gotta
push you to only buy what will make them and any affiliated manufactures the
most from the sells of frustrated parents that have to go out and upgrade
because the gift they got their child won't work without a 80 dollar link cable
or another 1300 dollars in pc upgrades. Of course, I have purchased 3 separate
usb 3 cables on amazon for less than 25 dollars that work great and using a 20
dollar streaming app to bypass the compatibility issue has solved most issues.

Please don't
SUPPORT developers on patreon and itch.io. I have 229 PAID steam games, 108
Viveport etc games, so I'm fully aware that upgrading is part of the process of
won't.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey i have a RTX 3050 Ti and oculus says your graphic card is incompatible with rifts system how do i fix it? im with oculus quest 2?

@TypicalScripters9, that GPU will work fine with Quest 2, you're safe to just ignore that message. Short answer, there's a list of "compatible cards" which doesn't have some newer graphics cards on it. I've reached out to the team about getting some of these cards added to that list. But for now, that error shouldn't get in your way of using the headset.

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.