Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finished post

Zespuh
Sightseer

35 REPLIES 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is that the GTX 1050 mobile GPU? … low profile as that laptop is I suspect it might be. If it's the mobile unit then I don't think it's currently supported.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey @Zespuh, the 1050 is not currently supported by Oculus Link. You can see the Oculus Link compatibility info here. Thanks! -Rick
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

djaydino
Honored Guest
HI i have a msi laptop with a 1050ti and i have been using my quest before on this laptop, using virtual desktop.
now i just updated to the latest version and now suddenly the oculus software gives this message......
Why this change? it was working wireless......

MRexL
Honored Guest
I am suddenly having this problem too.
I have used my Oculus intermittently on my laptop (Dell XPS 15 9750 with GTX 1050ti) when I bring my VR somewhere. I have recently sold my desktop that I use for VR, and when I try to use my laptop it gives this message and says that the HDMI is not detected. I have cleaned the ports, restarted my computer, reinstalled the Oculus software.
The funny thing too is that my computer detects the Oculus in Device Manager and can output sound to the Rift headphones, so its definitely a problem with the Oculus software. I was one of the first people to get my hands on a rift when it came out and its disappointing to see it still has so many problems....

rugglesenforcer
Honored Guest
My oculus quest connects but says my graphics card is not  compatible and I have a MSI  GF 75 with NVIDIA GTX 1650 , can anyone help ? 

Bruh_Status
Explorer
Probably a dumb question, but can I use Oculus Link without a good graphics card, and if not, what is the cheapest graphics card I can upgrade to that supports Oculus Link? My computer isn't very good, its pretty old.

kojack
MVP
MVP

Probably a dumb question, but can I use Oculus Link without a good graphics card, and if not, what is the cheapest graphics card I can upgrade to that supports Oculus Link? My computer isn't very good, its pretty old.

Oculus Link requires a better graphics card than normal.
The two Link headsets are higher res than any PC headset from Oculus, so when running in Link mode (which means your PC is doing all the graphics) there's a high work load. Plus Link itself uses GPU encoding and decoding to send a compressed stream, meaning there's even more work on top compared to a Rift (which doesn't need to compress the stream).

The current compatibility list is here: https://support.oculus.com/444256562873335/

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

hesten_unam
Protege
@kojack
The GTX 1650 is not compatible, sadly

Llambb
Honored Guest

@kojack
The GTX 1650 is not compatible, sadly

Not "officially" compatible but in reality, it works fine. There is no reason why they should keep showing these compatibility messages over and over.