cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus can't see my WIFI at home

DafdMe
Honored Guest

So, I can connect my Quest 2 to my Mobile devices (tethered) which is also my work WIFI solution. There are no issues with this. When I bring my Quest 2 home, it cannot see my home WIFI network. Also I cannot see any of my neighbours WIFI signals. I have no issues with the home network on any other device, and on all other devices can see my neighbours WIFI signals.

When my home network is on the Quest 2 won't even see my tethered devices WIFI signals - even though they can be connected when it is off. 

I have added the 2.4 and 5GHz SSID's (different) to the Quest 2 manually. When I turn the Quest 2 on, it does connect and I can see all the SSID's from neighbours. After about 1 minute, they all disappear, and the Quest 2 is disconnected from the WIFI and is not able to be seen.

I have tried:

• rebooting the router/modem
  • I have done on the Quest 2 a power cycle, and a factory reset
  • I have turned off the 2.4 GHz signal
  • I have turned off the 5GHz signal
  • I have turned off the Firewall on the modem/router
  • I have tried to connect to the network through the Oculus mobile app
  • There is no MAC, IP or website filtering
  • I have contacted Oculus Support
    • No success as yet with options suggested
  • I have contacted D-Link
    • No success as yet with options suggested

The modem/router is D-Link DSL-3890

2 REPLIES 2

gvidon60
Honored Guest

Is your network visible? Unlike many other devices Oculus does not connect if your SSID is not visible. I entered WiFi credentials but connected to the network only after making my SSID visible. Surprisingly, after making SSID invisible my device got disconnected. This is an unusual behaviour.

stephen.toemz
Honored Guest

Same thing happens to me, I have both quest 1 and 2, the quest 1 works fine ,then suddenly can't detect my home network after software update (the meta logo splashscreen one).

As for quest 2 it happens on the first initial setup, I get passed those by using my mobile hotspot with mobile data, it can detect my hotspot. Then the next time I restart my brand new quest2, it only can detect my home network when connected to my phone via oculus app.

I still dont understand what caused this issue.