You've probably tried this but... Using the usb cable, I would get audio cracking and cut outs if I went over 250mbit in debug tool. Airlink maxes out at 100mbit and I didn't notice the audio issues. I could fix the issue temporarily by interrupting the stream during play. (hitting the power button or tapping the side and entering pass through mode.)
I'm using an AMD 6900xt.
Well I used to have it over that in the debug settings, I noticed the same issue accept it was worse so I ended up turning it back to the default, which I'm pretty sure was 0. I will note that using it today I didn't really notice any stuttering at all, though there still is the occasional pop ever couple minutes or so, but far better from what it was.