cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus link keeps crashing

TheRealUwU
Level 2

When I first got the Oculus Quest 2, I was able to use Oculus Link without any major difficulties, being able to play Beat Saber on it all the time. Lately, however, I have been having problems with the headset. At random times, it will go back to the Oculus Quest home whilst I am in the middle of a game. Sometimes it gives me the ability to relink and continue playing the game, but most of the time it crashes SteamVR and I have to reboot the game. 

I had generally thought that this was an issue caused by a new game I had gotten off of Steam, "Hotdogs, Horseshoes, and Hand Grenades" since Oculus Link had kept disconnecting once I had started playing that game. However, when I deleted the game to check if this was the case, Beat Saber still crashed, even more often than when I'd played the new game.

I then thought it might've been an issue with my graphics, and that I had turned them up too much for my computer and headset to handle. However, after resetting the graphic options, Beat Saber continued crashing.

I uninstalled and reinstalled everything I had, including SteamVR, Beat Saber, and the Oculus app on my PC, but the problem persisted.

I finally thought that it may have been caused by the mods I had installed for Beat Saber, but upon deleting those mods and playing the normal version, it would still crash.

I am guessing that this problem arose from a new Oculus update, but I would like to hear people's thoughts as to why this might be happening, and if anyone has suggestions to fix it.

1 REPLY 1

Eldraad
Level 4

Same kind of things here.  I was on V26 update this morning and did a test of my Link speed which rang in at 2.5 Gbps on a 3rd party usb cable. After seeing some videos announcing a problem with V27 I put the Quest 2 on and it had updated to V27. I ran the test again and was seeing 1.7 Gbps for the same cable.  Link does kick me back to the quest also so that may be a speed issue now?  Steam VR games have problems when started from oculus or desktop while on the link (and Virtual Desktop) and I get error messages about Steam VR every game I try to run.  The visuals are also blurry (speed again?) and I had to quit after an eyestrain headache.