cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus link on Nvidia GTX 1050TI 4GB laptop? Anyone?

Arturman08
Level 2
Hi there!! Does it works? Please help! I´m on the Graphics Card not Compatible, but a can play games like Doom Eternal with a pretty descent graphics. Can I bypass that screen on Oculus Software? Thank you for you help! Greetings from Chile!
4 REPLIES 4

Umpa_PC
Level 8
Search for OTT (oculus tray tool)
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.

Arturman08
Level 2
Hi! thanks for the reply! Doesn´t work anyway. I download the OTT, search for the oculus links, changes values but nothing..but with Virtual Desktop i can even play Half Life: Alyx.... I don´t know what to do...

Arturman08
Level 2
Maybe do you have a tutorial or something.... thanks!

Systems_Archite
Level 4
Your laptop might not be powerful enough to use Oculus Link during the beta stage. The GTX 1060M is not supported yet and a 1050 Ti Mobile is not as powerful as its desktop counterpart.

The link compatability page is located here: https://support.oculus.com/444256562873335/

Even the GTX 1060M might not work yet.

I would try the steps down below to potentially use link with a 1050 Ti:

* Ensure GPU drivers are enabled.
* Disable the Integrated Graphics Card for your laptop if it is enabled.
* Disconnect any additional USB or Display Devices as they both can take either USB or Video Bandwidth.
* Ensure power saving mode is disable.
* Make sure the link cable supports high bandwidth data transfer and is full duplex.

I wish you great luck with these steps.