cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus link repeatedly disconnecting

Monkeylord2390
Honored Guest

Last week I was having no issues with my oculus, playing games like echo, hyper dash, and vr chat all through oculus link perfectly. Suddenly the day before yesterday it completely stopped working for all intents and purposes as the link will, in some cases immediately, disconnect itself from my pc. 

Nothing about my setup has changed, and there haven't seemed to be any updates as far as I can tell, it just started refusing to stay connected and I have tried everything short of factory resetting my device in an attempt to fix it. Is this possibly a known issue? While people have a similar issue from what I have seen, for most the link will disconnect periodically every half an hour to an hour, yet mine can hardly last more than a minute, ten at best before it throws a fit and it has begun to frustrate me as it bars from playing my various pcvr games

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Monkeylord2390, thanks for reaching out! We understand the inconvenience brought on by an interruption with Oculus Link. We appreciate that you have already taken a few troubleshooting steps towards resolving this issue. There are a few common reasons that would lead to Oculus Link connection issues; we've got a few more troubleshooting steps we'd like for you to try:

1. Please ensure that the latest drivers on your PC are installed. You can find detailed instructions here.
  2. Try repairing the Oculus app on your PC. Detailed instructions are found here.
  3. If you're on a desktop PC, make sure that your Link cable is plugged directly into your graphics card. If you're on a laptop, try temporarily disabling the drivers for the integrated CPU graphics to force Link to launch using the dedicated graphics card. You can re-enable them after the initial successful launch.

If you're still running into trouble, please collect logs from Oculus Diagnostics and send us a support ticket here. Detailed instructions on how to collect these logs can be found here.

Cheers! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!