cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus not compatible with Nvidia Geforce RTX 3050 ti

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys i bought a new MSI Gaming laptop, and i have Intel core i7 11th gen, and Nvidia RTX GeForce 3050 ti, when i load up oculus it says your graphic card is incompatible with rifts system? How can i fix it to the main menu with the games? 

TypicalScripters9_0-1633628535181.png

TypicalScripters9_1-1633628610860.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RoseFlame_13
Protege

I FIGURED IT OUT! somehow. So I messed around a bit and found a solution. I am mainly trying to run Vivcraft or VR Minecraft on my computer. step 1. I use oculous link for the game I link it to my computer. once connected I opened the quest home. On my computer, it opened Oculus and still said graphic card not supported. in VR though I was able to connect. Step 2. I oped steam vr. It loaded the app just fine. I just ignored oculos. Step 3. tried to run Minecraft Java with Vivcraft. I ran into a small problem when the screen loaded on my computer I clicked the button that said VR to on. I came back with an error " graphics card unsupported intel ...." I went back and closed everything and went and made my Rtx 3050 the main card. reopened everything and it worked!!!. Now I can finally play Vivcraft. One thing to note is that I was just messing around and somehow got it so I'm not sure if this will work on others' computers. I think you just can't play Oculos apps when not supported. I really don't know. Anyway, I hope this helped other people other than me! 

View solution in original post

103 REPLIES 103

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please tell me if there is a way to fix it?

TJ-Austi
Honored Guest

Hello. Did you ever find a solution to this? I’m facing the same issue today. 

thanks 

Hello TJ, Depending on what model laptop you are attempting to use may not be compatible to run Oculus Rift devices. As the device needs to connect directly to your computer's graphic card, also In addition to a graphics card, your laptop also needs enough ports to connect to the headset itself as well.

I have provided a link that will explain the minimum requirements and specs to run the rift properly. Click Here. Hope this clears any confusion you may be experiencing.       

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

That can't be right though because your minimum specs is a rtx 1050 ti and that is weaker then a 3050 ti so what give?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe its because some graphics cards don't work with oculus, cant explain it, but you need a new laptop I recommend a 2070 its cheaper and better for vr.

Anonymous
Not applicable

feel free to talk if you need more help.

So just to make sure, they aren't supported? I' confused as i have read said requirements and a Rtx 3050, and Rtx 3050 ti are much stronger than the 1050 ti which is three generations older.  So if the minimum is a 1050 ti, why isn't a 2000k laptop not able to run vr when it meets the requirements? Do you know if or when an update is coming, or if there is currently an update coming?

i have read many forums where the answer is to just buy another laptop or a better pc when the ones most peoiple have can run it but oculus wont let

arcovk
Explorer

I think 3050 ti is a low graphics card for VR