cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus pattern reset

NuKe_Kestrel
Honored Guest

I have been locked out from my Quest 2 for more that a week. I created a pattern when I was tired so I forgot it when I went to bed and woke up and forgot every day after school I have been trying to reset it I try to connect my phone to the headset and click unlock pattern but still I need to put my pattern in to connect it and as said before I forgot it and can connect and reset it. Is there another solution that I could use and response is very helpful at this point. 

Also I looked up oculus support and other videos one youtube which is most likely the worst place to go. This and contacting someone is all I have left at this point.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello there! Absolutely!  A factory reset can be completed on the headset itself without the use of the unlock pattern! Here are the steps in order to perform the factory reset through your headset: 

** Performing a factory reset is irreversible and will remove all account information, downloaded games, and content from the headset. Performing a factory reset won't remove content you've purchased or downloaded from your account.**

1. Turn off your headset.
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.

3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.

4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

We hope this was able to help! If you run into any trouble or have any further questions or concerns, please reach out to us through our email and chat support lines here: https://ocul.us/3HQefkH! You can also reach out through private message here on community forums! Please click here https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. Best wishes! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

89 REPLIES 89

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Oh no! This is not what we like to hear, but still it happens to the best of us. No worries, we are happy to help you get back into your account! 

To remove your unlock pattern:

1. Open the Oculus app and tap Devices.
  2. Select your headset then swipe down to Headset Settings.
  3. Tap Unlock Pattern then tap Remove Unlock Pattern.
  4. Enter your Oculus PIN and tap Submit.

If these functions are not accessible to you, or if these steps do not solve the issue, please submit a ticket and a member of our team will get back to you as quickly as possible. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

You guys have no idea about this. When you connect the app to the device it asks for your pattern. You can't edit any settings without the pattern. The only option is a factory reset. This needs addressing in the next update! 

Why would you guys provide this useless solution??? In order to unlock the device via the app you need to know the unlock pattern. You guys need to hire better developers and need to provide better support that actually know solution that work. 

Thanks for jumping in, PackMack1! Following the steps outlined above and on our FAQ here: FAQ you should be able to reset your unlock pattern!

While factory resetting the headset would fix this, we don't like recommending that since it removes all of your other settings and game installs. But, if you're not able to reset the pattern using those steps, it might be good to contact our team directly so they can get some more details about your software build and what might be going on. Here's a link to create a ticket directly with our team to work with a technician. If there's a bug or software issue, they'll be able to investigate it and get the feedback to the right team! Cheers!

Barnickal
Protege

Too late.

The fact is that the page you refer me too gives the same instructions as given in the headset. There are hundreds of examples all over the web of people explaining that it doesn't work. 
Please get your own headset, set a pattern, then try and remove it with the Android app. You'll see it doesn't work. It's not mine, it's universal.

@Barnickal  Ya, I just tried this as a test with my iPhone and it did not work either.  So for those unfortunate people who forget the pattern I guess a factory reset is the only viable option.  Same is required for adjusting the Quest home time as well.  Oh well, at least a factory reset makes it feel like you just got a new Q2, lol!

PS. I sent feedback on the FAQ link explaining this.  Probably a good idea for others to do the same (without any rude comments) imho.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Thankfully I had backed up my quest to sidequest about 4 months ago (got it on release day so coming up to a year!) so I didn't have to start from zero.

Trobekon
Honored Guest

Contacted Oculus and told to factory reset also…

what an absolute joke…….

Whats even worse is all I was doing was saving a bookmark for a website and it asked me to make a pattern which I did  It NEVER SAID that I would need this pattern to unlock my headset at boot up. You can not disable the feature becuase it asks for the pattern to get into your device. I didnt even forget my pattern but it keeps saying its wrong. Oculus PLEASE fix this crap! Make an update so we can connect to the pc or with a mobile app and turn this this lock pattern off so we can get into our headsets. I can do a factory reset but I shouldn't have to. I also have tons of downloads that were not backed up yet and I can't even access these files to copy them before doing a system reset Come on guys make this right