cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus quest 2 goes to sleep in a few minutes

isingo
Explorer
I'm trying to watch Amazon Prime Video on Oculus quest 2.
But after a few minutes of watching the video, the screen goes black.
After that, by pressing the power button, the screen turns on and the Video starts playing.
Perhaps it seems that not moving the head is causing a problem.
Not moving my head for a few minutes causes the same problem with the Oculus Home.

I changed the time to sleep setting to 4 hours, but it still goes to black.
After trying many things, I found that the only way to keep it from turning black was to keep moving my head.

I want to watch Video without moving.
Please let me know if you have any solutions.

67 REPLIES 67

This method works! Thank you my friend. Still cannot believe how found this solution!

airmouse
Protege

Even after going through all the steps of becoming a developer and downloading extra developer software the problem still persists. I think it works only when plugged in though,

100% works for me! You're a hero, dude. Been talking with Oculus for MONTHS and they couldn't (or wouldn't) figure out what was wrong.

schneidermark
Honored Guest

This works for me as well, *but* I need to disable the Proximity Sensor via the Developer Hub each time I power off/on my Quest headset. Has anyone found a way to make the Proximity Sensor setting stick across power cycles?

QuantumNargle
Honored Guest

I have the same problem, it's actually related to the rubber on the headset. It sometimes bends above the proximity sensor and for some reason screen turns black and sleeps.

What helped me was

1. Remove, clean and put rubber back

2. Adjust headset angle to reduce pressure at that area where rubber bends weirdly 

You could consider getting a new type of comfort thing entirely as well. 

No, it's not the problem lol. Not in majority of these cases.

The real problem is that the 4 hour sleep timer was never actually implemented correctly, and i guess they just don't care enough to neither fix or remove it.

As such, it just defaults to going to sleep in a few minutes.

As for the question above from schneidermark i'd like to know this aswell

I have same problem. Each time headseat power of/on it automaticaly go bach to enable. What to do that it stay on disable?

MarkyS981
Honored Guest

I have to say this is quite disappointing. There is a lot of chatter about this on various forums. Not only is this obviously a usability issue of its own (per all the discussion), but the provided setting doesn't even work properly!

Come on, Meta, do better!