cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus quest 2 guardian floor not working

B_lron
Honored Guest

I put my headset on and started to setup my boundary, when i went to set the floor height, the floor kept moving around with my headset and wouldnt stay put, i tried factory resetting it and it hasn't worked.

13 REPLIES 13

Superbigpeter
Honored Guest

Did you find a solution? Mine is doing the exact same thing.

RafaelNGP
Explorer

same for me. Not the first time tho.

When I set the floor height and get up, the floor level rises with me,

Tried bot restarting, turning off, factory reset and the problem still continues.

PandaruExpress
Explorer

Same, sigh. Everything just seems to go back to RMA... 

KarOtt
Honored Guest

Yes I have a similar issue. Tried factory reset, new 1.5v batteries in controllers, using hands insetad of controllers. Every time the floor just comes up with me. Even tried placing my own head on the floor and clicking proceed. No dice.

Hey I think I solved it... are you in a room with shiny floors and sunlight? Even if its not very bright, I think that was doing it. The next day I had the blinds closed and its been working fine since then. 

ginger.witcher
Honored Guest

Just great!! The factory reset didn't fix it?  I have games that keep going in circles and I can't play them I thought deleting them and reinstalling them or updating them would fix it but it didn't.  So I thought about factory resetting it.  

Ok thank u I'll try that.  But what about the games going in circles

No, my very specific issue at the time was that the floor wouldn't stay pinned in place, so I had issues with EVERY app floating around. If you only have certain apps spinning that sounds like something else. For me, resetting didn't solve anything but I don't think it was a headset issue. 

Hey there ginger.witcher, we appreciate you reaching out about your guardian not tracking correctly! We definitely understand how important the guardian is to the experience, we'd love to help you get back to gaming!

We've included some troubleshooting below so we can get to the bottom of why this is happening.

• Is the play location well lit? (Turn on more light)
  • Is the play location too bright? (Adjust the intensity, or amount of light
  • Texture is also a factor with tracking. If there is not enough contrast between objects in the room, this could lead to tracking issues.
  • Was the tracking working well before?
    • Has anything changed in your play area? New furniture, lights, etc?
  • Do you experience similar issues while playing in other locations?
    • Have you tried another location?
    • If you have already, what are the key differences in these locations? Lighting, furniture, etc?

Once we can rule out lighting or the play space being an issue, we can narrow down the cause of your guardian not tracking your floor properly. Cheers!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!