cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus quest 2 "Limited Connection" Fix

BoricMeat9
Honored Guest

Awhile ago my Oculus quest 2 kept saying "limited connection" and wouldn't let me play online games and the date was set to 2037. After many attempts to try and resolve this issue I found something that worked, a factory reset. Yes it's annoying but it didn't take long, but then again I don't have many games to reinstall at this time either. Thanks for everyone's help! 

4 REPLIES 4

There are at least two other methods to fix this that don't involve factory-reset, discussed a number of times on here recently. Too late for you but anyone else arriving here looking for a fix should track them down. Both involve Sidequest.

MikeOckerts
Honored Guest

Ugh. It won’t even let me factory reset because I can’t connect to my headset from the phone. My quest is literally useless now. I can’t connect to internet, I can’t connect to my phone. I can’t factory reset. I don’t even own a PC. I just pissed away $500 to Facebook for no reason. Such BS 

Gojak
Protege

Just start the mobile app on yer phone before you turn on yer Quest 2.  Leave the mobile app running.  Turn on yer Quest 2.  It "should" pick up the correct time/date from the app on yer phone.  At least I think that's how I fixed it, cause I read something about how it pull date/time from the app when you set up yer quest 2 after a factory reset.

Hold down the "volume +" button, and the power button at the same time.  This should boot you into some kind of bios view.  Anyway one of the options is factory reset.  You can do it right from yer headset.  Note if holding volume + doesn't do it, try using volume - instead.

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?