cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus quest 2 stuck on black screen

Lumberpickle29
Explorer

My oculus quest 2 is stuck on a black screen. When I turn it on I can see my guardian boundary and nothing else. I can use the volume and see the volume but everything is black. I restarted it (that menu showed up) but nothing happened. I can also walk outside the guardian and passthrough turned on but no menu popped up. I looked up guides for similar issues but nothing worked. Its fully charged and I've tried launching it from the app. I eventually gave up and tried to factory reset it but that menu wouldn't even show up. Please if anyone has a similar problem please let me know. Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lumberpickle29
Explorer

UPDATE: It actually let me get into the bootloader menu. So I ended up factory resetting and everything seems normal (I'm only on the introduction things) but it sucks because you still lose your progress. I hope this issue gets some kind of patch other than a reset soon. Thanks for all the support!

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35

SteveSlays
Explorer

Same does anyone know how to fix this?

LordGraal
Honored Guest

Same issue. It happened after an Update.

I've reset the hedset but not it won't go past the Pairing code. When i put the code it in says it can't find it.

I cant even pull up the factory reset screen it shows an android character and no command

JayCrizzy
Honored Guest

Same exact issue here. I haven’t factory reset yet because it hasn’t seemed to help anyone. Hopefully a solution is found 

I’m just waiting to see if the oculus devs say anything tommorow before I try to factory reset again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue.  I had done an OS update because my beat saber would not load. After the update, it hangs on a black sceen. The only thing visible is the boundary.  I am able to get to the menu to do a factory reset, but not sure that is a good idea.  Hoping some has a fix for this.

Blaz1ng
Honored Guest

I had the same problem though it happened just now when I tried to log back into an app that I exited out of a few hours ago.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just did the factory reset, and reinstalled everything,  Life is good now. 

maands
Honored Guest

Same. I was playing and put it down to charge and when i came back it was like this. :(. Guess we will wait and see