cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus rift app constantly crashing whilst using quest 2 link cable

Abel_
Explorer
As stated in the title my rift app keeps closing on me when i'm playing games in steamvr. I've verified it's not a cable issue, my graphics drivers are up to date.
It seems to occur most often when i'm loading in a scene or game, and it shuts down the rift app, not steamvr, not the game, nor my quest 2. I think it might have been introduced in one of the latest updates for the oculus app or a quest 2 update. It renders all of the games on my pc unplayable, please help.
7 REPLIES 7

Blood-Toxin
Explorer

x

Abel_
Explorer

Veper said:

Did this start happening as of the v25 update? It has for me, when I load into a game of when the CPU usage spikes it seems to disconnect me. I've been using link for a long time, on Quest and Quest 2 and never had this problem till the latest update. Nothing hardware/software wise has changed on my PC.

yes, I'm not sure of the specific update, though it did happen a while back, though subsided and wasn't as bad as it is now.
I think it's just the most recent update that's the issue.

lltd
Explorer

Abel_ said:

As stated in the title my rift app keeps closing on me when i'm playing games in steamvr. I've verified it's not a cable issue, my graphics drivers are up to date.
It seems to occur most often when i'm loading in a scene or game, and it shuts down the rift app, not steamvr, not the game, nor my quest 2. I think it might have been introduced in one of the latest updates for the oculus app or a quest 2 update. It renders all of the games on my pc unplayable, please help.

It could possibly be the issue i had. You can try these steps i used to fix my oculus link: https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/98867/how-to-fix-oculus-link-black-screen-3-dots-on-a-1050-laptop#latest I hope you get it working!

Abel_
Explorer

lltd said:

Abel_ said:

It could possibly be the issue i had. You can try these steps i used to fix my oculus link: https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/98867/how-to-fix-oculus-link-black-screen-3-dots-on-a-1050-laptop#latest I hope you get it working!

I don't have the same setup as you, so it didn't work

Viscerous
Protege
This thread seems to best describe the issue I'm having as well. It's relatively random disconnects but they happen a lot more often during loading or spikes. I'm a new user so I can't say if it happened before v25.

Ditto - I just got Quest 2 and Link doesn't work, it seems it hasn't done since after V23 and there are loads of people on here stating this exact same problem but nobody at Oculus will acknowledge this major problem and instead just brush it off with not using official Link cable and our PC specs.

Submit a new support ticket and try and get anyone else you know with this problem to do the same.

Daytona125
Honored Guest

Happening to me too. Oculus link, not the Oculus app is constantly crashing with MSFS 2020 and sometimes with P3Dv5. I'm using the Oculus branded cable and all my usb's are set to use full power(power saving turned off). When it happens I have to kill the Oculus app using ctrl/shift/esc, restart Oculus app, restart Oculus link and hope it works.