cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus stole my device

lokki007
Explorer

So, oculus stole my device. 

My quest 2 got bricked after a software update (duh), so I had to send my device back to oculus.

They received it on August 10. Based on the company policy - I should have received a replacement in 8-12 business days.

I already reached out to the support team twice, and they are bailing the Convo, closing the chat without providing any resolution and refusing to refund or address a replacement.

The last guy literally promised to help me and then just quit the chat.

So far I experienced a bricked piece of crap of a device, and customer service who won't follow up on you even if they life depends on it.

$500 lost. Does anyone experience the similar issue? How do I legally get my money back from this company?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey lokki007,

We would really like to look into this further for you. This is not the customer service we pride ourselves in providing and want to update you on your replacement. If you would DM us with your ticket number(s) we will get back to you as soon as possible with information for you. 

Please click here https://ocul.us/OculusCommunitySupport or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey lokki007,

We would really like to look into this further for you. This is not the customer service we pride ourselves in providing and want to update you on your replacement. If you would DM us with your ticket number(s) we will get back to you as soon as possible with information for you. 

Please click here https://ocul.us/OculusCommunitySupport or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

gamecube233
Explorer

We have the same issue.  They received our defective headset on Aug. 27th and promised our replacement would be shipped in 3-5 days after that.  We still don’t have a replacement and I’ve emailed several times with no response.  I feel like we’ve been scammed!  Not sure how to get our money back.  😡

I followed your instructions and my issue was solved. Thank you for your service.

So, my issue was resolved. At first, I had to go through a few people who tried to convince me that there is nothing they can do and that I have to wait unknown amount of time until I can get my device back. 

I following the link in the reply above and contacted the right people. They too tried to convince that I have to wait and nothing they can do.

After 6-7 times repeating that I want my device or my money back I received a brand-new sealed VR in 2 calendar days.

Just talk to them and ask for your **bleep**

No_Name_WHH
Honored Guest

i got my oculus stole and i cant do noting can someone help me get it back

Hi No_Name_WHH! We're sorry to hear your headset was stolen. If you haven't already, please contact your local authorities. If you had a Meta Quest or Quest 2 and you haven't yet deleted your device's data, you can do so remotely by following THESE instructions. We hope these tips help and we hope you'll reach out to us if you have further questions.