cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official Oculus Link Cable broke, is there anywhere I can get it repaired?

haydenkazoos
Honored Guest

My Oculus Link Cable has broke as of yesterday and therefore I cannot play any PCVR games. It isn't major damage to the actual wire, but instead the metal tip at the end where you plug it into the PC. I just want to know if there are ways of repairing it, or places I can send it to for repair as I'm really not willing to buy a whole new cable for another £89. I bought it on the 15th August and it arrived on the 19th, so to my knowledge, I cannot return it to oculus.

Oculus Link Cable Tip BrokenOculus Link Cable Tip Broken

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

That looks like it would be an extremely fiddly repair job. If you happen to be an electronic engineer with excellent fine soldering skills you might be able to cut off the end of the wire and attach a new USB-C plug before encapsulating the whole thing. If you aren't, a new non-Oculus cable will be much, much cheaper.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

That looks like it would be an extremely fiddly repair job. If you happen to be an electronic engineer with excellent fine soldering skills you might be able to cut off the end of the wire and attach a new USB-C plug before encapsulating the whole thing. If you aren't, a new non-Oculus cable will be much, much cheaper.

Alright, thank you for the help!

That would be super tricky if not impossible, there is a fibre optic cable in there too.

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - Nvidia RTX 3080 ti - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.