cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official Oculus Link cable

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, i just bought Oculus Link by Facebook cable (official cable) and use it without any problem with my quest 2 for about 1 month. The USB speeds were 2.1 Gbp/s, but suddenly, after oculus quest latest update, the speed decreased to 1.8 Gbp/s and, in one unlucky day, when i plugged in the cable, suddenly my connection is recognized by Oculus as USB 2 connection. No matter the orientation of the both end of the cable, regardless of the software (i reinstall Oculus software, reset Quest 2, reinstalled chipset and usb drivers), the connection is orange and Oculus say that i am in USB 2 mode. Other generic usb 3 cable works in the same USB C port, connection is green USB 3. With link oficial cable the connection is USB 2, but with other cables connection is USB 3. I installed a piece of software called USBDEVIEW and notice that with official link cable the power is 0 miliamper and connection is USB 2, but with other cable in the same usb c port the power is 875 milliamper and connection is USB 3. So, my link oficial cable is damaged but how? Short circuit or what? Out of the blue the cable can damage itself, without even touching it? Please , tell me if i can repair it, but i highly doubt it because it's an optic cable. 

1 REPLY 1

jesse.brophy
Protege

I had an issue with my link cable start after v25.  Another post suggested - go to TaskManager/Details/Rightclick on OVRServer_x64.exe and set it to real-time.  This resolved my disconnect issue.  Your mileage may vary but I hope it helps you.