cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Omg Omg Omg

HaselHoof
Adventurer
It's here woohoo omg i feel like a kid at christmas , just charging it at as i type did i say woohoo

Edit: It's the one from amazon aus , the one from Oculus direct is supposed to be on monday .
8 REPLIES 8

Eatsrootsleaves
Protege
Damn you ....Im jealous  😕
Mines gone from Japan back to China   😞
And an email from Oculus this morning about Launch Day and how the Quest2 is here....aholes

HaselHoof
Adventurer

Damn you ....Im jealous  😕
Mines gone from Japan back to China   😞
And an email from Oculus this morning about Launch Day and how the Quest2 is here....aholes

Thats weird it's probably still on the way , my oculus one said shipping exception i emailed fedex and they said there is no exception and its still on the way.

HaselHoof
Adventurer
Well ive just gone through the setup on it and just a note when your pairing headset to phone , the phone says type in the 5 digit number on the headset screen to the phone mine kept saying pairing failed call support , dont contact support just reboot your phone i did and it paired straight away .
Ok this is my first quest i also have rift cv1.
1/ Headset is noticeably heavy compared to rift
2/ Took ages adjusting the headstrap to get somewhat comfy : I just ordered the face fit kit > it's tight on my face\cheeks
3/ My elite strap is coming on the 6 november i'm looking forward to it 🙂

Setup the headset went very smoothly updates the oculus app then it updated the headset and then each controller.

Screen looks fantastic the clarity compared to my Cv1 is great clear and colorful.

More later if needed.

Eatsrootsleaves
Protege

HaselHoof said:

Well ive just gone through the setup on it and just a note when your pairing headset to phone , the phone says type in the 5 digit number on the headset screen to the phone mine kept saying pairing failed call support , dont contact support just reboot your phone i did and it paired straight away .
2/ Took ages adjusting the headstrap to get somewhat comfy : I just ordered the face fit kit > it's tight on my face\cheeks

Setup the headset went very smoothly updates the oculus app then it updated the headset and then each controller.

Screen looks fantastic the clarity compared to my Cv1 is great clear and colorful.

More later if needed.

1/ I expected that.
2/ I read that a lot.
3/ I assumed it would be crap so ordered one with the Q2

Hows the light leakage?
How are the blacks compared to the CV1?
Also how have you found the FOV compared with the CV1?

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I got mine today as well! Loving it.

HaselHoof
Adventurer

HaselHoof said:

More later if needed.

1/ I expected that.
2/ I read that a lot.
3/ I assumed it would be crap so ordered one with the Q2

Hows the light leakage?
How are the blacks compared to the CV1?
Also how have you found the FOV compared with the CV1?

Ahh light leaks around the nose area big gap for my face, the ipd thingy magig they call it moves easy but i need more testing im using mine in the middle position , i havent used my CV1 for a long time so a black comparison i can only say so far so good , the Clarity is a huge thing for me i wear classes normally but in the Q2 the lenses are a lot closer to your eyes so i cant wear my glasses in it , and this is why i mentioned clarity is a huge change for me as i can read text easily which i couldnt in the rift.
Also with the prime sale on those Anker batteries and low priced for the next 5 hrs .

HaselHoof
Adventurer

Zenbane said:

I got mine today as well! Loving it.

Zen do you have the Quest 1 ? ifso what differences do you notice the most .

ZeTyZ
Honored Guest
Got mine oct 13 too!