cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Crash

t7wl
Honored Guest

(The following text is a translation from Japanese to English by DeepL)

So I bought Oculus Quest2 on 7/8 and until 7/18 I was able to use Oculus Link to launch SteamVR and OVRAS and play VRChat normally, but lately, if I keep it running for 5-10 minutes, or this long in both Oculus Link and Airlink, my PC will suddenly go dark and restart.

Recently, I have been forced to use Airlink because my PC crashes the moment I connect the Link cable, but after 5 to 10 minutes, or an hour at the most, my PC always goes dark and reboots.

Please help me. Below are my PC specs.

SPECS
windows 10 home 64bit
CPU i3 10100
Radeon R9 fury
Asus Prime H410M-E
CoolerMaster 750WPSU
Kingstone DDR4 8gb x 2 (16gb total)

And the solutions I have tried.(TEAY ALL FAILED)

・Try Oculus Link on another USB port

・Turn off all options that affect the depiction by Radeon software.

・Reinstall Oculus App

・Repair Oculus App

・Reinstall SteamVR (and OVRAS ,VRChat of course)

・DDU and reinstall graphics card drivers (with factory reset)

・Windows update (10 to 11)

・Clean install Windows and download Oculus App only.

Of course, there is also an error log

- System

- Provider

[ Name] OVRServiceLauncher

- EventID 0

[ Qualifiers] 0

Version 0

Level 2

Task 0

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2022-07-27T06:14:26.7887247Z

EventRecordID 684

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 4188
[ ThreadID] 0

Channel Application

Computer DESKTOP-25DGNPH

Security

- EventData

[LauncherService] Unable to launch: There is no active interactive user session.

XML Version

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
<Provider Name="OVRServiceLauncher" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">0</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2022-07-27T06:14:26.7887247Z" />
<EventRecordID>684</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4188" ThreadID="0" />
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>DESKTOP-25DGNPH</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
- <EventData>
<Data>[LauncherService] Unable to launch: There is no active interactive user session.</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

please help me. I have already done all I can do.

12 REPLIES 12

Radom PC crashes under load could be down to overheating. The GPU is run very hard by VR so the PC needs to be well ventilated. Can you monitor your temperatures and see if they reach high levels before the crash?

It would be worth running a testing program that stresses the CPU, GPU and memory outside of VR. If it fails under that, it's nothing to do with the headset.

(The following text is a translation from Japanese to English by DeepL)

Thanks for the reply! As for the temperature, it was barely above 70 degrees Celsius while VR was running, so it may not be considered overheating, and as for crashes, in the worst case, as mentioned above, it crashes the moment the Link cable is connected to the USB port regardless of the temperature...

So I monitored the temperatures on Open Hardware Monitor until just before the PC crash, and the CPU was 78 degrees at its highest, and the GPU did not even exceed 60 degrees, so I think it is unlikely that the CPU is overheating.

Hello @t7wl! We hate hearing about our valued Oculus family members having to go through such ordeals. Let's work together and try to attempt a fix.

By the way, we appreciate how clear you were with your troubleshooting steps. Such an excellent job!

Let's start with a few questions.

Does this happen on one certain app, or all apps?

Does this happen when you play Steam games only, Oculus games only, or both?

Have you reset your router?

Looking forward to your response!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey @t7wl. We're just checking in on you to see if you still need assistance. We're here to help. Let us know!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I don't know if it starts from the Oculus app, I don't have any other apps except steam VR and VRCHAT.

Lately, the moment I connect quest2 to oculus app (both airlink and usb 3.0), my pc crashes... But before this happened, I was only playing on Steam.

I reset the router, but it didn't solve the problem.

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Translated with DeepL https://www.deepl.com/app/?utm_source=android&utm_medium=app&utm_campaign=share-translation

No need for apologies friend! We'd like to collect some more information from your PC. Can you please PM us for your privacy?

Please select our name to get to our profile page, or simply click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

Good day! Just checking to see if you still need assistance. Please let us know.

Hi, ive been having the same issue and was looking for some assistance? could you help