cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paired my quest 2 a year ago, and unsure what to do now with a new phone

FirstProgenitor
Level 2

I'm new to Oculus & Facebook accounts, so this was all a bit foreign to me.

A year ago, I was given a quest 2 as a gift. We paired it with a phone that I no longer have, and I'm having issues getting it set up again. I downloaded the Oculus app on my phone and do see a headset under My Devices, which I assume is indeed the headset I have, however it's listed as Not Found.

When I tried searching again by adding a new device, it just cycles on "Searching" for a long time.

I can see all my Quest apps on the Oculus app, but nothing will load on the headset, as Im getting the "Nothing to Show here" error others have seen.

I did a factory reset on my headset just to get back to square one, and it's giving me a pairing code, but I can't for the life of me find out where to enter that code in the Oculus app.

I tried to make a support ticket, but on the web browser, when I'm prompted to pick a device i need help with, there are no devices listed.

I'm just a bit mystified by all this and unsure where to go from here. Any advice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

FirstProgenitor
Level 2

I was able to get this solved by just reinstalling the Oculus app. It detected and connected to the headset right away.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

FirstProgenitor
Level 2

I was able to get this solved by just reinstalling the Oculus app. It detected and connected to the headset right away.