cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passthough+ coming next week? Does that make this issue into a bigger problem?

Nikorasu
Adventurer
My Oculus Quest happens to have rather large white pixel, visible in the passthrough camera mode, in the lower-middle of the right eye. It's big/long enough to be 2 dead pixels right next to each other.
wimgorygl87b.png
My previous unit also had white pixels in the passthough, it was replaced for several issues including that, but none of those were quite this large and in the middle of view.. So I hesitate to bother Support about it a second time.
Anyway, with the latest news that passthrough is becoming a bigger part of the Quest.. I'm wondering if I need to ask Oculus for another replacement, even tho I hate hassling them like this, since this issue will be so in-my-face whenever I use passthough, and hard to ignore.. I was almost going to ignore it, and I was avoiding using passthrough because of it.. But now I feel like it's a more important feature.
Side idea.. I wonder if this new Passthough+ update, supposedly coming next week, could filter out such white pixels, thus making it less frustrating for consumers, and reducing the need for replacements? Cause this seems to be a rather common issue..
4 REPLIES 4

RHunterr
Expert Protege
Isn't "Passthrough+" the "passthrough on demand" feature? I thought that was coming later?

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Passthrough+ is what Rift S has, a stereo-corrected passthrough view. That’s coming next week. Passthrough on demand (double-click menu button for camera view) is coming later in the year. Not sure why it’s being put off until later, frankly, as it seems trivial to implement. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Anonymous
Not applicable
Shame that passthrough is black and white. It's that because of the filters?

Nikorasu
Adventurer
Naw, they're just black and white cameras, cause they were originally only for tracking.
Support offered to send me a replacement, so I'm going that route.