cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passthrough camera turned black and guardian floor not working

KBrownieFDT
Explorer

I recently have been dealing with a couple problem's involving the guardian and passthrough mode on my first gen quest. My quest's passthrough cameras turned completely black out of nowhere and I haven't been able to get them back on. The confusing part is the fact that I can almost use the headset and controllers completely fine and the guardian shows up in it's normal place. How it's able to track my position without being able to see where I am, I have no clue, but I could deal with that alone if it wasn't for the guardian floor being completely messed up. When I click adjust guardian or adjust floor height the floor just flies up. I click the reset button and it just stays where is it 8 feet above my head. I've been able to semi-get around this in games like VRChat by making my height like 8 feet but that barely fixes it because the floor is somehow taller than that so I'm slightly floating off the ground which really bothers me. If anyone has any solutions, I'm all ears. Thanks! (Also I don't feel comfortable at the moment factory resetting my quest if anyone suggests that, if it comes down to it I will but if it can be avoided I would prefer that.) thanks again 🙂

22 REPLIES 22

Hey just wanted to say thanks, I realized i only play pcvr on my quest anyway and i'd only be losing some beatsaber scores but the reset worked and my cameras are fine, the floor thing luckily was only a small glitch and i didn't have that problem next time I booted up my headset but the cameras are fine now so thanks again.

OK,  I did a factory reset for the third time. Floor is now working OK, but still just blackness from pass-through cameras. I glad you had more luck than me, and I hope the folks at Oculus will come up with a fix that works for everyone sometime soon. In the mean time, I'll re-load the apps (again).

Tried factory reset for third time. Pass-though camera is still black, floor is now drifting out of reach up to the ceiling once more...

CaptainGibbz
Honored Guest

For anyone else having this problem, try doing a hard reboot first (when headset is turned on, hold power button until it shuts down and starts back up again). This fixed mine, and I’m relieved I didn’t have to factory reset and then reinstall all my games and such. 

I'm glad this solution worked for some people, but it hasn't worked for me, so at best, it's a partial solution, and I hope the folks at Oculus will fix it for good with the next update...

After 3x factory resets, and 5x force power-off and re-starts, this morning it was all working perfectly!! I'm now trying to play games with my fingers crossed! 😉 Happy, happy, happy!!

Hello, we are so happy to hear that your issue has been resolved and you are now back in the game! Thanks for letting us know! Continue to enjoy your gaming experience! 🙂

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

okko
Protege

When I had this issue and opened a ticket, I was instructed to first hold the volume down button and power button at the same time until the boot screen loads then reboot the headset.

This worked for me on both my Quest 1 and Quest 2 which had the same issue, after performing this 1 time.

A factory reset would have been the last resort so I am glad that this fixed the issue for me.

Kev

Some Here .out of nowhere just black but I have Hand Tracking.

Hello, we do not like to hear that you are experiencing trouble with your guardian and passthrough camera. Rest assured, we are always here to assist! We recommend that you reboot your headset and then click here to perform factory reset. 

Let us know if this works. 🙂

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!