cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passthrough camera turned black and guardian floor not working

KBrownieFDT
Explorer

I recently have been dealing with a couple problem's involving the guardian and passthrough mode on my first gen quest. My quest's passthrough cameras turned completely black out of nowhere and I haven't been able to get them back on. The confusing part is the fact that I can almost use the headset and controllers completely fine and the guardian shows up in it's normal place. How it's able to track my position without being able to see where I am, I have no clue, but I could deal with that alone if it wasn't for the guardian floor being completely messed up. When I click adjust guardian or adjust floor height the floor just flies up. I click the reset button and it just stays where is it 8 feet above my head. I've been able to semi-get around this in games like VRChat by making my height like 8 feet but that barely fixes it because the floor is somehow taller than that so I'm slightly floating off the ground which really bothers me. If anyone has any solutions, I'm all ears. Thanks! (Also I don't feel comfortable at the moment factory resetting my quest if anyone suggests that, if it comes down to it I will but if it can be avoided I would prefer that.) thanks again 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Pixie40
Expert Trustee

What fixed it for me was something Support actually suggested. And that's a factory reset. Apparently there is a possible bug with the new update disabling the cameras. Yeah, having to go through setup again and reinstall everything is annoying. But it did fix the issue.

I too consider a factory reset to be a last resort fix. But it did work.

Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @KBrownieFDT, please open a support ticket with us here. Thanks!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

DeV0h
Explorer

I have been having the exact same problems for the past couple of weeks: the floor level rises up to the ceiling, and passthrough shows blackness and no images, yet hand tracking still works. I have factory reset (twice) but it did not help. I opened a support ticket, but they said they wouldn't help because my headset was over 2 years old.

still haven't received any word on that support ticket i put it, hoping to hear back sometime soon at least if y'all are willing to help.

dtrocchio
Honored Guest

Same symptoms here, hoping for someone to find a fix.

DeV0h
Explorer

My guess is that it is a software problem caused by the last update. Is it possible to revert to the previous version of the system? If so, does anyone know how to do this?

Pixie40
Expert Trustee

What fixed it for me was something Support actually suggested. And that's a factory reset. Apparently there is a possible bug with the new update disabling the cameras. Yeah, having to go through setup again and reinstall everything is annoying. But it did fix the issue.

I too consider a factory reset to be a last resort fix. But it did work.

DeV0h
Explorer

Thanks for the suggestion, but I've already done two factory resets, and still have the problem. I'm hoping a future update will fix it, or someone can tell me how to remove the last update...

Pixie40
Expert Trustee

I don't think you can roll back updates. If you could, I'd have done so a few times in the past.

DeV0h
Explorer

Oh well - as K-Brownie-FDT said above, the cameras are still working, it's just they're not show images when you breach the guardian, and while it's annoying, I can still play games and use the controllers.  I guess I'll wait and keep my fingers crossed for a future update that fixes it.