cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment method don`t work

mafogga
Honored Guest

Hello, i cant buy anything in the store i tried 4 different credit cards and it says everytime that the payment method isnt available right now so can anyone help me pls?!?!

9 REPLIES 9

maxpcuser
Honored Guest

Apparently you and I are marked as frauds cause i cant buy anything either

LiquidStar1
Explorer

I am having this same issue.  I have tried to enter several credit cards and Paypal and it will not allow me to setup a payment method.  Unbelievable so many people are having this issue!

Has anyone had their issue resolved by Oculus or do I need to return this expensive paper weight? 

Bought the quest 2 one month ago, never be able to buy anything. I sent 10 emails, got no answers at all. Wonderful support, 👏👏

LiquidStar1
Explorer

@Stef_supertramp -  My payment issue was fixed in one business day.   AmanS at Oculus Support was the person who took my ticket and resolved my issue.  Maybe ask for this person and see if they can help?

Stef_supertramp
Honored Guest

I'd love to be able to ask for this nice guy but to do that, I need a first answer! I wrote again yesterday just in case bt still nothing 😔

Gugiwerad
Honored Guest

I think i'm in the same boat with you.

Inside Quest 2 i get message about "additional authentication needed, continue purchase on PC or Oculus App on mobile" or something like that.

When i go to my PC and try to purchase any app or game from Oculus store i get message "Something went wrong during authentication. Try again later"

In Oculus App on Android it just says "Something went wrong. Try again later"

Tried adding several credit cards to Oculus payment options.

All cards are working for example in Amazon purchases.

Adding payment methods work fine, no problems there.

But simply cannot buy any app or game.

Oculus support just repeats "try uninstalling Oculus app and reinstalling it"

• Check to see if the financial institution placed any restrictions
  • Try another network connection type
  • Try another network location
  • Try different combinations of the area/zip code
  • Restart the device
  • Try another device
  • Try another payment method.

Website

• Try another web browser
  • Try purchasing with the Oculus Home app (2D or 3D)

Oculus App

• Try the 2D interface
  • Try the 3D interface
  • Try the Experiences webpage
  • Reinstall Oculus Home

If none of these steps work and you are still having issues with trying to purchase digital content, please send us a private message so we can further investigate the issue for you. Please click here https://ocul.us/OculusCommunitySupport or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Already try all of this. Nothing works except for PayPal. But I don't want to use PayPal.

I think the issue is something to do with my account ( don't know why but I tried many banks, browsers, smartphones, etc...) 

Gugiwerad
Honored Guest

Same situation here.

I have a ticket going on with Oculus support and we are trying to solve this.

At the moment looks like there might be some issue with PSD2 verification between Oculus Apps Store and some banks.

My bank has verified that my credit card is functioning as it should and there are no restrictions on the card.

Oculus App Store is asking for PSD2 verification when adding payment option, but is not asking for PSD2 when purchasing apps. And i think this is a problem that prevents purchasing apps or games from Oculus App Store.

This PSD2 verification is an EU thing to prevent misuse of credit cards.

Oculus support suggested trying Paypal but i don't have Paypal account and will not be creating one.