cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance relationship between PC and Quest 2

CFPanco
Honored Guest

Hello community. I've had a quest 2 for just over a week.

I was hoping to get some general musings on the relationship between the PC and the Quest 2 in regards to vr performance. I am hoping that by better understanding this relationship, an overthinker such as myself, would be able to spend less time in the wrong places troubleshooting the various crap that just pisses me off 😉

Ryzen 7 3700x, 570xt, 32 gigs of ram, and a Quest 2 with the oculus link

This came off a recent correlation that sorta turned me around. I have been having issues getting DCS, a flight sim to work smoothly. There are those with inferior hardware to mine that have been running it better. As an experiment, I turned all DCS graphics settings down as low as possible and still could not get anything short of choppy as hell performance. 

I game on a 4k tv. On a fluke whim, I powered up my computer bypassing the TV altogether and only used my 1080 gaming monitor, its about 30 or so inches. Magically, at lowest settings, the choppiness was gone, by simply having the one monitor unplugged and not turned on. I am unaware as to what the cause was but the correlation was certainly interesting. 

This led me to believe that there are some things I am missing in the relationship between the PC and the Quest 2 and am curious, as to what other, generalities between the two that may not be so obvious I could be missing. 

There are other small issues that pop up occasionally, as happens with tech sometimes. Occasionally, the oculus link lobby turns to stuttering crap. Skyrim VR seems, oddly choppy for what my system specs are, ya know... various little things like that. 

So, tldr version, what sorta non obvious things, if any, have any of you found affected the performance on the PC side that I could perhaps keep in mind when tinkering?

0 REPLIES 0