cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pinned troubleshooting thread?

Strongit
Level 7

I'm seeing more and more posts lately asking the same questions over and over about link not working, common questions and troubleshooting.  What are the chances we can get an RTFM post pinned to the top along with the latest update thread?  If need be I can put one together but I don't want to go to the trouble and just have it die in a day or two without being pinned.

Quest 1, i5-8600K at 4.7 GHz, eVGA 1080 ti FTW3, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming, 16 GB 3200 MHz
2 REPLIES 2

DaftnDirect
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

I agree, the mods have suggested a separate FAQ area of the forum might help. We can curate the most frequently asked questions there with the best solutions.

I think there might be too many of these questions to pin and they would probably take over the forum's first page... especially with the new format limiting the number of viewable posts at any given time, and a single troubleshooting thread may just be too expansive to be digestible to many users.

A FAQ area of the forum could be a solution I think. 

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v20H2 (19042.867)

nalex66
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

I've gone ahead and re-pinned the Forum Rules and the Rift v25 release notes. We did have a pinned thread a while back with common issues and solutions, but it was unpinned at some point. We're having some ongoing discussion among the mods about how to best implement some sort of FAQ thread or section, and hopefully the improved search function of the new forum will help cut down on the volume of duplicate question posts.

i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, 3x Samsung Evo 1TB | Startech PCIe 4x USB 3.0 | Startech PCIe 2x USB C 3.1 gen2