cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plex

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to watch my personal library from Plex on Oculus Quest 2? I have the Plex server set up on my Windows 10 computer and currently can use plex on my phone, smart tv's, roku, and chromecast.

thanks!
5 REPLIES 5

Nunyabinez
Rising Star
I use Plex in my home and there isn't a client for VR. However, I use Skybox VR and it can connect to network shares and play movies from there. So, it doesn't have a nice interface like plex, but it does a good job of playing the files. You would just have to make sure that the drive is shared on your network.

i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest | Quest 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok. Is it hard to set up? What is the setup process?

Nunyabinez
Rising Star
All you have to do is share the drive on the network. Then in Skybox there is a button that says network. You put in your network credentials and boom, you are in the drive. Then just click on the movie and it plays.

i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest | Quest 2

Piperye
Protege
I cannot for the life of me understand why Plex don't want to port their app to the Quest, they did it for the GearVR, so surly it's not a big job, it would be a definite purchase for me, as I'm sure many others would purchase too, yes, there are ways around it, but I would like the app :#

Anonymous
Not applicable
Skybox works for what I wanted to do. Had to pay for it, but works good, thanks! Yes though, I wish Plex just worked for the Oculus.