cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Population:One update issue

Muztys
Honored Guest
Population:One did an update and now I am getting a black screen only showing 3 dots like it is loading but the game doesn't launch. 
11 REPLIES 11

DoodaMan555
Honored Guest
Population: One, I have the same issue screen goes black then kicks me back to my home environment.  I've uninstalled and still same. 

brendanreilly99
Honored Guest
have you figured out anything to solve this

Ozzelot1
Explorer
same problem here. I opened a support ticket on oculus... damn that is bad. 
hate those kind of updates which destroy the plans of gaming

Ozzelot1
Explorer
Please also open a Ticket with this problem here: 

Problem Solution - > Update your Oculus Quest to the latest Software Version.

Ozzelot1
Explorer

have you figured out anything to solve this

contactin population support via e-mail see above. support seems not to know that it is a problem in general ::neutral:

first try to uninstall and install the game again. look how much free space you have available. if both does not help create a support ticket.

Muztys
Honored Guest
I have summitted a ticket and they say that you have to do a factory reset which clears all of your data in Pop:ONE and if you have spent money on it, they can't refund it. In one of my support tickets the guy figured out that every time you launch the game it crashes.

Ozzelot1
Explorer

Muztys said:

I have summitted a ticket and they say that you have to do a factory reset which clears all of your data in Pop:ONE and if you have spent money on it, they can't refund it. In one of my support tickets the guy figured out that every time you launch the game it crashes.

So my proplem was fixed with population support. great support! 
In my case the problem was, my OS (operation system) of my oculus quest 2 was too old. I did not recognized that cause every time I was looking for updates in the about menue, no download was available.

You have to be sure, you have enabled "auto update" feature for your oculus quest through the oculus smartphone app. 
after applying this setting, I was able to download an update for quest 2. 

I did that and now its working again.

Be sure you do not break the update procedure. 
Downloading take some time, but if you know your internet download speed is fast change in the menue and back to about. then you shoul have a button "apply and restart" 
by pressing it the update procedure starts after a restart of the quest 2.

now you will get a dark screen, but do not break - do not try to turn on orf off again. 
update procedure is still in process an take its time. 

after about ten minutes quest 2 will start and your well known plattform is presented. also the controller will be updated.
after all of that - population one will work again

regards stefan
wishing happy christmas 

Ozzelot1
Explorer

Population: One, I have the same issue screen goes black then kicks me back to my home environment.  I've uninstalled and still same. 

Solution for this problem is, you have to install the latest oculus quest software version on your quest 2. 
to do this, you have to enable auto update feature through your smartphone app. after doing that you should have the opportunity to update to a new version. after the update procedure the game will work.

you do not have to do a factory reset!

yes5231
Honored Guest
Black :black_circle:  screen