cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preordered Quest 2 on Oculus store on launch day, right when the preorders were opened... but...

joslat
Explorer
Hi, I preordered Quest 2 on the Oculus store on launch day, right when the preorders were opened... Sept. 16... but...
Still shows as "Processing for Shipping"...
While I am reading other people already can see a UPS notice...

Who can I contact for support on this?
10 REPLIES 10

MerlinStWahgwaa
Expert Protege
Your misunderstanding alittle bit here...

Those of us with UPS notices in US/Canada, most of us are because we have our UPS accounts already setup to notify us of shipments to our addresses. Its a UPS thing.

Oculus is still telling us all processing for shipping as far as I know. Im still seeing that, but I have my UPS notices from UPS because I have my UPS My Choice account already setup from before all this.

I believe Oculus won't update us until UPS actually picks up the packages, which should be today *fingers crossed* 

vududeman
Expert Protege
I can understand the frustration for people just looking for information on when they may receive the Quest 2.  UPS has shown mine for 4 days as ready for UPS, finally shipped today and the anticipated delivery date moved from Tuesday to Wednesday.  Oculus is still showing preparing for shipping--but hopefully people will get some tracking numbers later today to understand when delivery will happen.

MerlinStWahgwaa
Expert Protege
Whats ridiculous, is everyone but Oculus is telling customers updates. Oculus is more or less being silent.

Amazon has been notifying ppl for 2 days now that their shipments will be delivered on Oct 13, tomorrow, on time.
Best Buy has been doing the same, and notifying customers their pick up orders will also be ready tomorrow.

UPS has told their My Choice customers, like myself, that shipment labels have been created for our Oculus shipments, and given us the tracking numbers and est. Delivery dates of Oct 14-20th depending on who you are and where you live.

But Oculus, not a word to anyone about anything really.

As far as I've been told from Oculus, which was when I ordered, I was expecting tomorrow, Oct 13th delivery, but UPS is now telling me the 16th. If not for UPS, I'd be expecting it tomorrow based off the knowledge I have from Oculus.

vududeman
Expert Protege
Update--just received an invoice email from Oculus, which does include the UPS tracking number (I already had with UPS my choice), with the Wednesday delivery.  Sure, I'm a little disappointed not to get it on launch date after ordering on announcement day. However, hopefully all of us will get the Quest 2 soon, good luck!

Nikorasu
Adventurer
Same situation here.. Still no tracking number.. 😕

joslat
Explorer
My orders were charged last week, on the 6th, 7 days already, and is still "processing for shipping", 7 days IMHO after charging the payment should be enough for having at least the shipping notice and tracking number... right?

To add, local stores have em and you can collect from tomorrow onwards... so feeling like I have been "played" by Oculus... so your policy is to benefit stores-suppliers in the first place than customers? at least the current actions show this...

MerlinStWahgwaa
Expert Protege
Yea, I feel  the same, sucks that first day pre-orders are arriving after release...

My UPS My Choice has notified me that I have 3 packages on their way, so that means they shipped the headset, elite strap with battery, and link cables, all separately, which is weird, considering they all came from the same warehouse, but w.e.

Anyways, my dates keep changing... I had only 1 package this morning, with an Friday Oct 16th delivery date.... now I have 3 packages, 1 says Oct 15th, 2 for the 14th... but only 1 of them says its reached Canadian Customs yet, even though they apparently all left at the same time from KY... idk, all strange

I give up, it arrives when it arrives, but ill never order direct from Oculus again unless its a guaranteed delivery date, i'll just use Amazon and give them a cut of FB's profit. Even as an FB stock holder, i'd rather have my items on the date i was told at checkout, not on some random day afterwards, with no notification on the delay from the shipper.... Had i been told any day but the 13th at the time of ordering, i'd have gone to Amazon straight away. The blatant mis-representation was pure and simple nothing but a ploy to get ppl to order direct from them to make more money. Sad.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Well, I was told, as though it were something special, that my order for Quest 2 would be delivered by Amazon on the 13th - which was the estimated delivery at checkout anyway and just now I got an email telling me it will be delivered tomorrow, the 14th.

Then I got a separate email at the same time, telling me the headstrap will be here tomorrow as well. At least they will arrive on the same day - with any luck. The latest Amazon delivery driver for my area has nothing between his ears, so I'll be happy when it's safely in my hands, and not before. I had a big crate delivery last week and the idiot took a photo of it wedged into my front doorway, with the door still closed, as if that was proof of delivery. The notes said "left in rear porch".

This is actually not a bad thing (the delay) as I have an appointment today, around the time I usually get deliveries. No hurries, no worries.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Ha ha - just got another email saying it'll be here today! Talk about "left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing..."

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2