cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchased games not showing up in library

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, this appears to be a common question but I'm still stumped.

I just purchased a Quest 2, along with five games/apps. I then downloaded the oculus desktop app so when my Quest 2 arrives It would be installed already.

Now the problem I face is that when I click "Library" on the desktop app, nothing shows up, and even when I go into my purchase history, nothing shows up.

One of the things I had read on a different forum was saying to make sure that your buying from the correct store, and i'm going to be honest, i didn't do that as I assumed that the everything was playable on each of the different headsets. Anyway, I went in and searched all of the games/apps I bought on the quest store and they all say purchased.

I apologize in advance if it's hard to understand what i've typed.

The games/apps I purchased

1. Beat Saber
  2. The Climb 1 & 2 (bundle)
  3. Virtual Desktop
  4. Eleven Table Tennis
  5. Superhot VR

26 REPLIES 26

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Anonymous, not all games for the Quest 2 are Cross-Buy, so when you connect the Quest 2 to your PC it is looking for PC VR titles purchased from the Rift Store. To check and see if any of your games are Cross-Buy you can search for them on the Rift Store and see if they can be redeemed for free or if you need to purchase them. Beat Saber for example is a game that you are required to purchase on both the Quest 2 and Rift S if you want to be able to play it Standalone (without Link) and Linked (Connected to PC). Hope that helps - Clint

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

PITTCANNA
Visionary

this a joke right (thousands of threads have shown how to buy and what titles are cross-buy) all those titles are utterly useless if you intend to use the quest to play natively.

The titles need to be purchased on the mobile app(ios or android), web browser, or headset.

The titles purchased on the pc app (windows version) will only work on pc.

Anonymous
Not applicable

By play natively do you mean only using the Quest 2 (not plugged into a computer)? Cause if so, I was planning on connecting it to a computer and playing mostly like that

On the oculus store page for all of those games/apps, it says "supports oculus" and when I open up the link it says "game On Oculus Quest" 

Anyway, thank you for the response!

@Anonymous wrote:

By play natively do you mean only using the Quest 2 (not plugged into a computer)? Cause if so, I was planning on connecting it to a computer and playing mostly like that

On the oculus store page for all of those games/apps, it says "supports oculus" and when I open up the link it says "game On Oculus Quest" 

Anyway, thank you for the response!

Honestly if you planning on playing mostly through the pc, just go through the pc app.  The pc app is set to rift verison (ie linked version).  Or link below;

PC ONLY PURCHASE LINK
https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/

That said if do change your mind go to link below for quest native purchases

QUEST ONLY LINK ONLY BUY FROM THIS IF YOU WANT TO PLAY NON PLUGGED IN

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/

BELOW LINK IS FOR CROSS BUY (PLUGGED IN AND NATIVE PURCHASE)

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/section/2335732183153590/#/?_k=1nnmuu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply, I made this forum/question back in March before I had even received the headset. It's now July and I had found my answer when the  account had commented.

Once I received the headset I learned more about how the PC app and mobile app worked, and now I mostly play using the AirLink beta from the PC app

anyways thank you for the reply.

Nah you are wrong I want to know where the hell my games and apps went I didn't have this stupid problem until now and I'm beyond pissed off with oculus right now. FIRST OF ALL MY GUARDIAN IS A MESS it won't even go to the GROUND LEVEL WHERE ITS SUPPOSED TO BE I have perfect lighting perfect connection but NOPE and my main reason is my games and apps aren't even popping up in the menu anymore and the quest is acting like it's not even connected to the internet I'VE DID EVERYTHING YOU'RE ABOUT TO SUGGEST AND IT DIDNT WORK I guess I waisted my money on 2 expensive games and an overpriced vr headset thanks oculus thanks a lot 😡

Hey @BasedVibes, we're sorry to hear your games and apps are not showing up, and your Guardian is off. We understand your frustrations in feeling like your money was wasted. We can provide the following public support articles to help resolve these issues:

If you still require further assistance please send us a private message or submit a support ticket. We'll be happy to help in any way we can.

Please click here https://ocul.us/OculusCommunitySupport or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Nani_9000
Honored Guest

My situation is similar. However I've had my oculus for over a year, and all of a sudden the library wasn't showing any of my purchased games. (Which none were previously purchased) and the oculus game store wasn't working normally either, it would seem fine until you clicked on games or looked them up specifically. 

I tried doing a manual reset, but it showed the words "No Command" (I'm not sure if I did it right.).

It was weird since the game that one of my siblings were playing at the moment had shutdown and then said that they didn't have permission to play that game. (I never locked any games, I didn't even know you could do that.) And that's when the oculus didn't show any games in the library. 

Bartosz231233
Honored Guest

I have the same problem, don't buy on oculus site, games are overpriced, no promotions, and that problem with app and oculus site. Just buy $20 oculus link cable and buy games on steam it's pretty good deal 🙂