cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q1/Q2 Link Cable vs Air Link vs Virtual Desktop Current Results - TomC

TomCgcmfc
Level 16

I have both Q1 (v30) and Q2 (v29) with a very good pc (i9 9900k, rtx3090, 32Gb ram) and router/wifi setup. I've used Virtual Desktop for +1yr with my Q1.

With my Q2, wireless at 120Hz with Air Link works best best for me because it is 100% compatible with all my Oculus, Steam, and VivePort games. I use 1.4x encoding res, 120mbps fixed bitrate, and 1.2x SS with OTT. This is currently my favourite headset for all gaming. With flight sims I still prefer my Vive Pro w/Etsy lens mod and Index controllers because I get better performance and a larger FOV.

With my Q1 (v30) I still find I get the best results with my official Link cable and 1.0x encoding res (far right on slider) and 1.3x SS with OTT. Wireless with Virtual Desktop works fine but not all games are compatible and sometimes controller tracking and grip release are a bit off (mainly only happens with Oculus and VivePort apps). I'm pretty sure this is because VD is unable to use the official Oculus sdk. Air Link with my Q1 works but I find many visuals are pretty blurry and have more compression artifacts. Maybe this will improve with future updates?

Anyway, just my current results and opinions. Cheers mates.

9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Q2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro
0 REPLIES 0