cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QUEST 2 - ASUS ROG Zephyrus Duo 15 SE GX551QS does`t met minimum specification

Serishor
Explorer

Hi,

anyone else own a ASUS ROG Zephyrus Duo 15 SE GX551QS? Quest app says it doesn`t met minimum specification. The laptop has AMD Ryzen™ 9 5900HX 4.60 GHz, 32GB ddr4, NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3080 16GB.  Tried airlink with no success - the headset disconnects and reconnects.. and that`s it. I`v set the oculus app to use the rtx graphic card. Any suggestions ? thanks

18 REPLIES 18

BitShopSteveR
Honored Guest

I've also had a TON of problems and basically given up. My son tried his Quest 2 and eventually we got his to work, then mine worked - Next time I rebooted / tried mine it failed.  I tried for a few hours a few weekends ago all the above suggestions and continually failed. It would be nice is Quest said what it thinks isn't capable, video (30800, USB (3.1), cable, etc.  

ltnightfly
Protege

I put in a ticket 12 days ago and I get updated only of I contact them again. I've told quest support the topic is all over the internet and on their own support website.  So it's not just you and me. We'll have to see when we get an update that works. I can still play steam games with VR Desktop and link or wireless.

Serishor
Explorer

thanks all of you for the replies. I tried the tutorials on youtube. haven`t tried VR Desktop or any vr games yet. i was reluctant to purchase any games to try as the message is still shown. I searched also the internet and found out it`s a driver issue and that oculus and nvidia are working for a solutions ?! (i found this in a reedit post)

Did you managed to make it work ? I am thinking of buying the same laptop but after all this I don’t know 

SiX8SiX
Protege

Got the same problem

the problem is on the oculus side, the laptop is amazing

Anonymous
Not applicable

Specifically for people with the rog zephyrus duo se or laptops with the new amd mobile chips I may have a solution.

I've been struggling to get this to work since owning the laptop. The simple solution which I read on another forum is go to the amd website and download the auto detect driver updater. After a couple of reboots to install some updates not available through the Asus website I connected the quest like I usually try and voila it worked as normal. Only thing not working was the desktop view. I can live with that. Also airlink worked with my quest 1.  Hurrah. Please spread to other forums.

PS No fannying around with power settings or adding tons of apps to performance mode. Nothing changed at all. 

Hello, I just tried the above step with my ROG Zephyrus, and was surprised to find I had a bunch of updates pending. However not surprisingly, I still get the computer doesn't meet min specs message, and the headset still quits after trying to load Oculus home.

Did you get your Quest 2 working with Air Link or with the Link Cable?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I used an unofficial cable. Thunder bolt USB c to c which I don't think is related. What I do believe is the problem is not oculus or nvidia but the way amd cpu uses the nvidia card to handle routing its output through the USB port. These are the steps I took. First I deleted all the apps from the Windows graphics settings to performance. Shouldn't really have to specify this as I have disabled the igpu in armoury crate. Second I did a clean install of oculus home app for rift. And last I downloaded the auto detect app from amd. I'm hoping one of these worked.

Quest 1 and rift app both on version 30.  I'm having doubts it was all a fluke now and will have to see if it still works when I boot up the laptop lol. Feel free to ask for any other specifics I may have missed. Earlier in the day I also did some updates for the laptop with the Asus support app. I think it's called myasus. Mad that armoury doesn't do this.

Sorry it didn't work out for you but just keep pestering me for anything small it could be and I'll get back to you.