cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 1 - Unused for 1 year, can't connect to Oculus services

Anonymous
Not applicable
Problem: oculus services don't seem to work. Home loads with an error, store notifies me if "no internet." Update check spins forever.

But, the browser works (I've even researched the issue from it), and I'm able to launch games. I've deleted and re-added several different wifi connections, and rebooted several times.

I'm going to guess that some kind of 1-year certificate has expired; I imagine there aren't many people who leave these unused for a year! But, moving house can do that!

There are probably a few other things to mention (sideloaded apps), but I have even tried it with developer mode off.

I read reports of similar issues on Reddit about a year ago, with somebody suggesting launching games from the Android app. I was able to do so, but it didn't fix the issue.

Any suggestions are appreciated!
4 REPLIES 4

PITTCANNA
Visionary
Factory reset, and delete data on the web portal.  Then re setup.  Or check for update.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dang - I'd rather not lose my Tilt Brush sketches; I may have to try uploading to Poly or such, or wait a few days. (I don't have a computer at my current location.)

As for updating: as I mentioned, that doesn't work either; the progress spinner on that just turns indefinitely.

PITTCANNA
Visionary

Overand said:

Dang - I'd rather not lose my Tilt Brush sketches; I may have to try uploading to Poly or such, or wait a few days. (I don't have a computer at my current location.)

As for updating: as I mentioned, that doesn't work either; the progress spinner on that just turns indefinitely.

You have to be patient as there is considerably large.  Also if you have a usb cable you can try sidequest to offload your data.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was able to offload my data. After a factory reset, it was able to do the OS update, and everything is working fine now. Not terribly fun to re-download all of this over my 8 megabit DSL connection, but that's what living in a rural area can mean!