cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 1 link sharpness not working?

Daws-ITA
Expert Protege

I have both quest 2 and quest 1.

On quest 2 the sharpness feature is very noticeable with excellent results, but on original quest 1 the image is the same.

Is this feature for link available for quest 1?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Daws-ITA
Expert Protege

Great news! Finally on quest v35 and pc on v35 the link sharpening works also on original quest 1. The effect is less noticeable than q2, due to different oled panel, but the image is crisp than before!

Enabling and disabling in ODT you'll see the difference. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Ya, it does not appear to do anything with the Q1.  Maybe because it's being done with the Q2 headset chip?  This has never been explained properly by Oculus.  Pretty well the only way to improve Q1 clarity is with super sampling.  The amount you can use depends on your PC specs, esp. your gpu.  With my rtx3090 I can take this up to 1.5x and it looks pretty good.  Still not as good as my Q2 at 80Hz with res slider full right. 

I really love my Q2 wireless with Air Link but my Q1 still works and looks a little better wireless with Virtual Desktop.  Even better than Link, for me anyway.  I've recently given away my Q1 and Link cable to a flight sim buddy of mine so I'm now only using my Q2 with no regrets.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Daws-ITA
Expert Protege

Good point about VD. Inddeed the sharpness slider in VD works very well with Q1 too, so I guess it's not an hardware limit of the slower Gpu of the Q1. 

Daws-ITA
Expert Protege

Great news! Finally on quest v35 and pc on v35 the link sharpening works also on original quest 1. The effect is less noticeable than q2, due to different oled panel, but the image is crisp than before!

Enabling and disabling in ODT you'll see the difference.